Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U v Cardiff last game of the season...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff’s players have shown commitment and effort from the first whistle so it’s quite easy for the crowd to get behind them.

Exactly, when the team shows intent, which Cardiff are whenever they get a chance, it gets the fans excited. Stroking the ball around the back just makes them very nervous that at any moment they’ll lose it.

We would definitely be just as passionate as Cardiff fans are if we played like they are trying to do.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nothing but swathes of empty seats this season until Liverpool rocked up

8 matches this season with a bigger crowd than we’ve had all season due to their ground being bigger, their lowest home attendance was against us, 29402, and it was POTG for us.
Only two matches with sub 30k, and they were both 29k+, all the rest in excess of 30k :shrug:

Average home attendance 31165.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3-0 Everton, I'm now officially concerned
4-0 and not bad for us. If Ole is to go, he'll especially want his last game to be a victory, and so will the players.

theboybilly

8 matches this season with a bigger crowd than we’ve had all season due to their ground being bigger, their lowest home attendance was against us, 29402, and it was POTG for us.
Only two matches with sub 30k, and they were both 29k+, all the rest in excess of 30k :shrug:

Average home attendance 31165.

That stadium is almost always three-quarters full. I don't think they open the top-tier unless it's for one of the top 6. They must count non-attending STHs like we do for league games. I wouldn't trust the official figures

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017
I think we are already safe.... Cardiff need two results out of three (at least one of those a win) to even get to above 34 points.... Fulham are on a hattrick of wins and even beat Everton 2-0 at home.... can't see Manchester United dropping any points either. Crystal Palace just beat Arsenal quite easily too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we are already safe.... Cardiff need two results out of three (at least one of those a win) to even get to above 34 points.... Fulham are on a hattrick of wins and even beat Everton 2-0 at home.... can't see Manchester United dropping any points either.

You didn’t watch United today, did you.......

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm worried about Man Utd's ability to beat Cardiff on the final day

Really need them still to be in the hunt for fourth place.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we've got to target Southampton, they might just think they've already done enough this season. It only takes a team to be 5% off of it to lose. Cardiff won't lie down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think we've got to target Southampton, they might just think they've already done enough this season. It only takes a team to be 5% off of it to lose. Cardiff won't lie down.

Southampton unfortunately still have Huddersfield at home. We’d need two wins to catch them.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, hadn't seen Dwayne's thread. Please merge, mods.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Can't see us getting three more 0-0's. Southampton are save, we have to hope and pray Cardiff fall apart and Palace don't throw them a favour.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I can't see Ole wanting the season to finish with anything other than a home win irrespective of whether top 4 is still on. I was more worried about today with Cardiff being at home.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't see us getting three more 0-0's. Southampton are save, we have to hope and pray Cardiff fall apart and Palace don't throw them a favour.

Why are Southampton safe? Watford A, Bournemouth h, could easily lose those two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here