Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U v Cardiff last game of the season...

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The bigger problem is wanting all these wanker teams with their wanky nationwide plastic fanbases ((Liverpool, Man Utd) to actually win games, not forgetting Palace of course and their 12,400 fans (SE postcode area only). Terrible times . #Worries

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bad news Ole has the gig full time. 3 year contract.
I'm aware of that, and if they go into the end of the season without a chance of top 4, and they don't make an effort in the last game, his job will be under threat. There will be clauses in his contract anyway, like there was for Moyes. The idea that he won't be trying to win that game is just stupid.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Not to be a doom merchant or anything....

A lot of people have already written this one off for Cardiff but I notice Utd have a wretched run of games now and by the time they play the last game may well have no chance of top 4. Coupled with that their form which has gone out the window recently.

But most interestingly Ole used to be the manager of Cardiff. Does anyone know if he holds any affection for them? Did he leave acrimoniously?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If we need points to stay up by the last game of the season we are relegated. We need to be safe by the final whistle against Newcastle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we need points to stay up by the last game of the season we are relegated. We need to be safe by the final whistle against Newcastle.

I think that we will get at least a point in North London either at Spurs or Arsenal plus of course a win v Newcastle. The problem with Newcastle is that we havent scored a goal for 570 minutes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm aware of that, and if they go into the end of the season without a chance of top 4, and they don't make an effort in the last game, his job will be under threat. There will be clauses in his contract anyway, like there was for Moyes. The idea that he won't be trying to win that game is just stupid.

They're hardly going to give him the job, and then sack him a month later are they.

They're not Palace.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I think that we will get at least a point in North London either at Spurs or Arsenal plus of course a win v Newcastle. The problem with Newcastle is that we havent scored a goal for 570 minutes.

Def agree that a point against Are or Tot is achievable. Perhaps 0-0s until the Man City is what Chris has in mind! But really we need to find our mojo for 4 points by that last game. I don't see Man City doing anything other than a win.

How are we going to beat Newcastle is the only thing we have to worry about. How we can get rid of the fatalist frightened rabbit waiting for the slaughter mentality that has near killed us over the last few months. Any ideas because our current players look mentally shot (and no I think we have next to no chance at Spurs)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're hardly going to give him the job, and then sack him a month later are they.
How long have each of their managers had since Fergie? If they're doing badly over the next few games, and then aren't making an effort against Cardiff, his job could well be under threat.

Regardless, the idea the he won't want his team to win the last game of the season at home is plain stupid.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
On the flip side Fulham have suddenly started playing well despite being relegated, even winning away to the team which beat us 5-0 recently. Not the 3 point banker that people were maybe thinking.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Whatever you think of him, Solskjaer has always come across as Man United to his core. No way will he harbour any thoughts of 'helping out' Cardiff.

We need to beat Newcastle next week and we should be home and hosed.

Sounds easy when you say it like that......???

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
On the flip side Fulham have suddenly started playing well despite being relegated, even winning away to the team which beat us 5-0 recently. Not the 3 point banker that people were maybe thinking.

Def not a 3 point banker. Cardiff are absolute trash away our result against them was severely depressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Def agree that a point against Are or Tot is achievable. Perhaps 0-0s until the Man City is what Chris has in mind! But really we need to find our mojo for 4 points by that last game. I don't see Man City doing anything other than a win.

Spurs we have a minuscule chance of a point. Arsenal I would say is nearly impossible they have the third best home record in the premier picking up only 3 less home points than Liverpool .

Our only hope of points for rest of season is Newcastle or city with nothing to play for

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Spurs we have a minuscule chance of a point. Arsenal I would say is nearly impossible they have the third best home record in the premier picking up only 3 less home points than Liverpool .

Our only hope of points for rest of season is Newcastle or city with nothing to play for

Logic says I should agree and I do.. BUT I don't think they will play their strongest 11. If we managed a 1 - 0 against Man City Im sure we can scrape a point with 2 chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here