Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U v Cardiff last game of the season...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not to be a doom merchant or anything....

A lot of people have already written this one off for Cardiff but I notice Utd have a wretched run of games now and by the time they play the last game may well have no chance of top 4. Coupled with that their form which has gone out the window recently.

But most interestingly Ole used to be the manager of Cardiff. Does anyone know if he holds any affection for them? Did he leave acrimoniously?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m not convinced this is a banked home win either. But yes we need utd to have something to play for so let’s hope they don’t go on a slump!

LVGull

May 13, 2016

A lot of people have already written this one off for Cardiff but I notice Utd have a wretched run of games now and by the time they play the last game may well have no chance of top 4. Coupled with that their form which has gone out the window recently.

But most interestingly Ole used to be the manager of Cardiff. Does anyone know if he holds any affection for them? Did he leave acrimoniously?

Why are you worrying about this on Easter Sunday?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Are you seriously suggesting United might throw this game or go soft on Cardiff because Solskjaer used to manage Cardiff? You clearly have little regards for people's integrity!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it comes down to the last game of the season and a point for either side swings it, I’ll be having a decent wager on Cardiff. United are gash in comparison to City and will have absolutely no interest if they have blown a top four spot (which I think they will do)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rabbit resurrection........ that would be worrying now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's a fair concern.
But most interestingly Ole used to be the manager of Cardiff. Does anyone know if he holds any affection for them?
That's just ****ing mental. There's no way he'll be going out with anything other than the intention to win. If it's his last game as manager of Utd, he'll want to win it. If it's not to be his last, then he'll want to look like he's the man for the future, before the summer of spending.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That's a fair concern.
That's just ****ing mental. There's no way he'll be going out with anything other than the intention to win. If it's his last game as manager of Utd, he'll want to win it. If it's not to be his last, then he'll want to look like he's the man for the future, before the summer of spending.
Bad news Ole has the gig full time. 3 year contract. As soon as that inked dried utd turned rubbish again :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree that Cardiff could get something at United because they've turned to absolute toilet since Ole got the gig full-time. That in itself is an interesting story to follow. United HAD to give him the job given the results he'd overseen, but there was always a nagging doubt that it wasn't going to end happily.

Frankly, I'm also concerned about their game today. Liverpool should win in third gear, of course, but football is a funny old game and all that.

Regardless the Ole/Cardiff link has nothing to do with this....

1. Ole won't tell his team "go easy today lads, I have a soft spot for Cardiff" and, even if he did...
2. His team won't play in first gear because they'd been requested to.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd imagine most or many independents would look at the fixtures and think Cardiff will beat Fulham and lose the rest and we maybe get a draw v Newcastle and lose the rest.

Realistically we lose the three games to the top 6 but I think Cardiff have opportunities in all of their last 3, a loss today seems the 'easiest' to predict.

Unfortunately I see Man C needing to win on the last day and the only reason not perhaps is Cardiff turn over Liverpool today by some fluke

It all says to me that beating Newcastle next week is a must, I don't even think that Cardiff playing earlier in the day is going to be to our advantage

It really is squeaky bum times

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd imagine most or many independents would look at the fixtures and think Cardiff will beat Fulham and lose the rest and we maybe get a draw v Newcastle and lose the rest.

Realistically we lose the three games to the top 6 but I think Cardiff have opportunities in all of their last 3, a loss today seems the 'easiest' to predict.

Unfortunately I see Man C needing to win on the last day and the only reason not perhaps is Cardiff turn over Liverpool today by some fluke

It all says to me that beating Newcastle next week is a must, I don't even think that Cardiff playing earlier in the day is going to be to our advantage

It really is squeaky bum times

It’s going to the wire :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here