Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U v Cardiff last game of the season...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think we are already safe.... Cardiff need two results out of three (at least one of those a win) to even get to above 34 points.... Fulham are on a hattrick of wins and even beat Everton 2-0 at home.... can't see Manchester United dropping any points either. Crystal Palace just beat Arsenal quite easily too.
Cardiff only need 4 points and look more than capable of getting them, especially with their remaining games. We need at least 1 win and look totally incapable of getting it, especially with our remaining games. Where are those three points coming from? Bearing in mind we don't know where the goal is right now.

To say we're already safe is crazy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Why are Southampton safe? Watford A, Bournemouth h, could easily lose those two.

IMHO Southampton could lose all remaining fixtures and stay up. I'll be amazed if we get more than another point and Cardiff would need six to overtake them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you seriously suggesting United might throw this game or go soft on Cardiff because Solskjaer used to manage Cardiff? You clearly have little regards for people's integrity!

But it would be nice if finally Hughton cashed in his Spurs goodwill.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Cardiff only need 4 points and look more than capable of getting them, especially with their remaining games. We need at least 1 win and look totally incapable of getting it, especially with our remaining games. Where are those three points coming from? Bearing in mind we don't know where the goal is right now.

Cardiff are in the bottom 3 for a reason. They’ve averaged 0.88 points all season. They’re very unlikely to average 1.33 out of their remaining games, 2 of which are away.

When you take the emotion of being a fan out of it, logic would say we’re safe. The bookies think so.

However it’s a funny old game, and we’re all fans so

PANIC!!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The logical part of my brain agrees we might well be safe.

Fulham away is not the walkover for Cardiff many seem to be claiming and Palace are in decent form. Man Utd are still in a Champs Lge fight thanks to Palace beating Arsenal.

However my Brighton supporting part says we still need a win

Truthsayer

Nov 29, 2017

Are you sure about what you wrote? That I'm the crazy one? Palace just beat Arsenal and despite only 8 points in their first 12 games they now have 42 points (34 in 23 games, i.e they would have been top of the 'rest' below the top 6 on that form with around 50 points now - we still beat them which shows how silly we were against some of these sides like Wolves by not trying to score)

Fulham are in good form with two wins in a row, including 2-0 at home to Everton who just thrashed Manchester United.

The only other game Cardiff have left is Man U and they obviously are a lot better than them, and will probably be going for a top 4 spot.....

We are probably already safe as Cardiff need not just one but two results, including a win.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are you sure about what you wrote? That I'm the crazy one? Palace just beat Arsenal and despite only 8 points in their first 12 games they now have 42 points (34 in 23 games, i.e they would have been top of the 'rest' below the top 6 on that form with around 50 points now - we still beat them which shows how silly we were against some of these sides like Wolves by not trying to score)

Fulham are in good form with two wins in a row, including 2-0 at home to Everton who just thrashed Manchester United.

The only other game Cardiff have left is Man U and they obviously are a lot better than them, and will probably be going for a top 4 spot.....

We are probably already safe as Cardiff need not just one but two results, including a win.
I'm sure. I never said you were crazy.

This is football and not many things go to plan at this stage of a season. I still believe we need another three points.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really need them still to be in the hunt for fourth place.

Yep - annoying as it is, Palacr beating Arsenal was a good result for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here