Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 [now: 7] straight matches without scoring a single goal

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There are some poster’s who when we’re doing well, you barely hear from them. Things going badly, they’re on every single thread repeating over and over again the same things. Amazing really, almost revelling I’m the bad times.

Maybe it's because the 'Let's give him another season, he is doing a great job' keeps being repeated when that clearly isn't the case.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Let's hope that Spurs, Liverpool and City don't get cricket scores against us, or GD may be in peril as well.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
There are some poster’s who when we’re doing well, you barely hear from them. Things going badly, they’re on every single thread repeating over and over again the same things. Amazing really, almost revelling I’m the bad times.

I was not a prolific poster until recently because I was reasonable happy,but since Christmas I have become increasingly worried about our club.I have lost confidence in the manager and while respecting him as a man that is not enough.To suggest that some of us are reveling in the bad times is frankly unfair having supported the club for over fifty years I take no pleasure in seeing the current malaise.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Can you remind when we have been doing well season, have I missed it?

Oh sorry we beat Palace home and away and turned over United, Erm now I'm struggling..

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Also some posters that not matter how bad things are ,”things are not quite that bad”lol blinkered
And has already been said other than palace and Utd with the three lucky home wins when we where outplayed in all three when has it been good
Papering over the cracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My personal view is that if we survive and recruit / offload during the summer, we give CH the first few months of next season. If we get to, say, Nov and we are clearly still struggling it would then be the time for him to go.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Why didn't we recruit cover for key players?

Hughton isn't being judged on only 6 games. Those six games merely show how out of his depth he is. We are bloody awful, especially away from home.

Creative players cost a lot of money and an injury to two of our more creative players is hard to hide. We are a club who for 2 seasons has been favourites to be in the bottom 3 and so far we haven't been in it at any point. That should suggest we have done well. In the summer we all agreed that survival was the key objective and if achieved we would be happy, however a decent 1st half to the season and a woeful 2019 has changed everyone's perceptions and now there is panic everywhere.

We are and will continue to be a side with a low budget who try to avoid relegation for the next few years. If we establish ourselves then the club may choose to invest in some greater proven quality players but many clubs have done that over the last 25 years and been relegated with a huge financial hole that has crippled the club.

Tony Bloom is likely to be in this for the long run and that could mean 10/20 years of just competing

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Our last seven league games of season 2014/15 we scored ONE goal! We survived . . . our manager was Chris Hughton.

And that was an odd thing that goal. It was Stephens at Wigan, and despite it being the first goal for ages - none of the players celebrated.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So true and one even revelling in their historical claim that they didn't even want CH at the Club to begin with. How fickle is that ? . The club might net even have reached the PL without CH but that poster seems to feel the need to want to wipe the slate of the 3 successful seasons to justify a 5 year old post of his own which would have deprived the fans of 3 of the most successful years in the Club's history

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So true and one even revelling in their historical claim that they didn't even want CH at the Club to begin with. How fickle is that ? . The club might net even have reached the PL without CH but that poster seems to feel the need to want to wipe the slate of the 3 successful seasons to justify a 5 year old post of his own which would have deprived the fans of 3 of the most successful years in the Club's history

Yeah that was a very odd post. I confess that I wasn’t thrilled when he was appointed but changed my mind completely the next season. One of the most exciting ever, ending in heartbreak. The next one was, for me, the most exciting season I’ve seen culminating if the best ever experience..post Wigan

We should never forget or demean what CH has done for us. I am sad to say that I am of the opinion that we now need a change though :down:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's hope that Spurs, Liverpool and City don't get cricket scores against us, or GD may be in peril as well.

Looking at how they demolished Southampton on MOTD by running at them with intent, think you can safely add Newcastle to that list. If we're lucky it'll be a repeat of the Cardiff game rather than the Bournemouth game.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's not the amount of goals you score but the amount of points you are out of relegation. I truly believe that as the Albion plays with more quality which comes with the confidence of being further from relegation the goals will begin to happen. The process is in motion.

It is when you don't score and opposition do :lolol:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Why didn't we recruit cover for key players?

Hughton isn't being judged on only 6 games. Those six games merely show how out of his depth he is. We are bloody awful, especially away from home.

Yet despite being "bloody awful" away from home we have got more points away than last year and are not in the bottom 3 in the away only table.

It's not the amount of goals you score but the amount of points you are out of relegation. I truly believe that as the Albion plays with more quality which comes with the confidence of being further from relegation the goals will begin to happen. The process is in motion.

But we were 12 points off relegation. Why didn’t the confidence come then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmmmm, the OP, hmmmmm.....haven't quite decided yet. I'll keep an eye on his posting history and review at a later date...

TNBA
TTFN
Palacefinder General

Burn him anyway :cheers:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have never been on the bottom three and probably won’t this season, despite that we are devolving as a club new signings apart from a couple look shit and disinterested, is this CH or are they bad players hard to tell.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
What a load of nonsense. Not about the amount of goals you score? Just as well considering we've managed TWO all year. We were 12 points clear of relegation , why weren't we banging the goals in at that point?

You need to look at how shit we are. Really shit. No shots on target yesterday. None. F.uck all.

It was a fantastic performance yesterday - exactly what was needed. Could have attacked, had lots of shots on target and lost.
Would far rather, given our situation, play like we did and get a point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here