Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 [now: 7] straight matches without scoring a single goal

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
What’s our club record for longest streak without a goal?

Surely we’re on the verge of creating history here...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Unless the sequence has been beaten since 1993 (quite possible), 'Seagulls!' tells me it is 6 - set in 1924 and 1970.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Looking solely at our worst seasons since 1993, it doesn't appear to have been equalled. There was a run of five games in 97/98.

Albion my Albion

Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's not the amount of goals you score but the amount of points you are out of relegation. I truly believe that as the Albion plays with more quality which comes with the confidence of being further from relegation the goals will begin to happen. The process is in motion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
5 Shots on target in the 6 games, 3 of which were against relegation rivals SHOUTS that we have the wrong manager imo

The fact that yesterday was the highlight of the 6 games is another reason.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
In their two games against Brighton this season, Wolves have managed 47 shots, without scoring a single goal ! The most in a PL season since 2010... we’re smashing all sorts of records this year :bowdown:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Hmmmm, the OP, hmmmmm.....haven't quite decided yet. I'll keep an eye on his posting history and review at a later date...

TNBA
TTFN
Palacefinder General

D

Deleted member 2719

5 Shots on target in the 6 games, 3 of which were against relegation rivals SHOUTS that we have the wrong manager imo

Wow, I hadn't realised it was only 5 shots on target in 6.

Not sure I have heard a stat like that for years.

Maybe Barber will put his huge payrise back in the pot and give the STH a free match as compensation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow, I hadn't realised it was only 5 shots on target in 6.

Not sure I have heard a stat like that for years.

Maybe Barber will put his huge payrise back in the pot and give the STH a free match as compensation.

I think I have the shots on target stats correct but no doubt someone will be along to correct me if not.

D

Deleted member 2719

In their two games against Brighton this season, Wolves have managed 47 shots, without scoring a single goal ! The most in a PL season since 2010... we’re smashing all sorts of records this year :bowdown:

That's is nothing to be proud of against Wolves.

It's really is quite sad.:down:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

All about opinions and I get where you are coming from but I don't think Hughton should just be judged just on the last 6 games.
The fact that we have been missing our 2 most creative players from last season (Gross and Jose) for most of these games is a key factor IMHO

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What’s our club record for longest streak without a goal?

Surely we’re on the verge of creating history here...

Lets hope for a bendy one at Spurs

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Not included is yesterday's whopping fat 0 on target..

Capture.PNG

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All about opinions and I get where you are coming from but I don't think Hughton should just be judged just on the last 6 games.
The fact that we have been missing our 2 most creative players from last season (Gross and Jose) for most of these games is a key factor IMHO

Why didn't we recruit cover for key players?

Hughton isn't being judged on only 6 games. Those six games merely show how out of his depth he is. We are bloody awful, especially away from home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are some poster’s who when we’re doing well, you barely hear from them. Things going badly, they’re on every single thread repeating over and over again the same things. Amazing really, almost revelling I’m the bad times.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's not the amount of goals you score but the amount of points you are out of relegation. I truly believe that as the Albion plays with more quality which comes with the confidence of being further from relegation the goals will begin to happen. The process is in motion.

What a load of nonsense. Not about the amount of goals you score? Just as well considering we've managed TWO all year. We were 12 points clear of relegation , why weren't we banging the goals in at that point?

You need to look at how shit we are. Really shit. No shots on target yesterday. None. F.uck all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

You may have a point...

Brighton @ home this season 49 shots on target, 14 for, 23 against

Cardiff @ home this season 58 shots on target, 19 for, 33 against

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22389

Well may be, just may be this horror run could be slowly coming to an end, starting with a goal on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here