Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reece James

0 Not allowed!
    He’s been playing in centre midfield recently and done very well there. He’s exactly the kind of player we need to be signing but I think he’ll go somewhere better.
    Rejected.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Reece James is absolutely outstanding. Think there was whoscored metric a while back as well, that showed him so far ahead of Championship contemporaries that it was ridiculous. I don't think we'd get him for much less than £20m- if he even wanted to come here. Suspicion that he'll end next year as Chelsea's starting RB to be honest.

3 Not allowed!
      The biggest problem for us now will be attracting decent players.

If you were a professional footballer would you really want to play for us? Nobody wants to spend their working life failing all the time. Footballers generally want to be Billy Big Bollocks, lapping up the attention being sucessful brings. They get paid a lot of money but I'm sure most want to be successful too. Our record is not only stinking out all of football, it must be having an effect on recruitment. It has to. If I was a striker being linked with Brighton I'd look at goal scoring attempts over a lot of games and think "f.uck that, no thanks".
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      Would be amazed if we could get him at even double that. One of the very best English youngsters. Big and strong for a RB and as mentioned can play other spots too.

Wouldn't be one for the Under 23's that's for sure.

0 Not allowed!
      Quality player, has been moved to centre midfield from RB recently and has bossed it there. As others said would be pleasantly surprised if we got him on a permanent deal a loan move seems more realistic.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The biggest problem for us now will be attracting decent players.

If you were a professional footballer would you really want to play for us? Nobody wants to spend their working life failing all the time. Footballers generally want to be Billy Big Bollocks, lapping up the attention being sucessful brings. They get paid a lot of money but I'm sure most want to be successful too. Our record is not only stinking out all of football, it must be having an effect on recruitment. It has to. If I was a striker being linked with Brighton I'd look at goal scoring attempts over a lot of games and think "f.uck that, no thanks".
      This is my concern, what kind of attacking talent wants to play deep..
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Counts as U21 so no need to be nominated in the 25.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A season long loan seems to be a much more likely outcome than a permanent signing. His logical choice is a lower premier league club next season, before having a go at the Chelsea first team the season after that. If that doesn't work, then look for a permanent move.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by albionfan37 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Who says he’ll be back up? Better 10 now than who knows what in 2-3 years
      perhaps the club should remember what happened when Gus wanted to sign Van Dyjk