Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Young English players, playing centre mid and better wide/forward options. Believe we at least 6 to 7 new signings and they need to {be}better than we have for a change.
If we buy 6 or 7 they won't be; that's what we did last summer - it didn't work then, and won't work now. Two (or three absolute max) of quality needed now, not a job lot of wannabees.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Need to scour the Eredivisie for some new gems and tempt them to Stepping Stone Albion.

LOL I think the players in that league will run away if we call seeing as how we've destroyed two of their better players.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Always fancied Shelvey from Newcastle but I guess the "no knob head rule" would put the mockers on that. Shame.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Mooy, Shelvey, Cairney are our saviours we might as well take the relegation this season, it'll save time.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If CH stays and we play the same system next year, I’d take Rondon considering he has a £20m release clause. There’s a very good target man in there.

However, if we get a new manager with more attacking intent then I wouldn’t be looking at him.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think a change of playing style will cheer up the players and improve our game.
We need to play to their strengths, not weaknesses.
Under a different coach with different ideas some could play like new signings and good attacking pre season games could make them feel better about playing with more expanse.
The shadow of the last 2 season's tactics will need some shaking off and the playing with fear feeling will have to be exorcised though.
I can't see Bloom wanting any more of this crap and think he is already looking for the Chris' replacement.
Nothing wrong with trying to adopt a Liverpool style of game, especially with renewed confidence.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Mooy, Shelvey, Cairney*were possibly the best players in the Champ the season we came up however they haven't exactly led or influenced their sides to anything in THIS league.

I'd still much rather take Delaney.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think a forward is just as important as a midfield rethink.

We can’t even break effectively at the moment as there is effectively no ‘out ball’ option.

Murray has no pace, Locadia is uncomfortable as a lone forward and lacks necessary strength. Andone, unable to hold the ball up.

I don’t disagree with any of the names mentioned, but if you have limited movement, target or pace, no matter how good their passes are, the ball will come straight back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
If you’re looking for Summer signings for the Premier League then the priority is the manager. Chris has been immense in getting us to the promised land but his time is up if Tony Bloom wants to push us forwards as a top division team.

After that’s sorted then it’s a clear out in midfield for a start. No pace and no ambition to get forward is a bleeding disgrace in this league. What’s the point of being at the pinnacle if all we do is defend for the majority of the game.

Then it’s onto the forwards, Glenn is an obvious one, plus any additions will need a partner, so two strikers at least required.

Finally, Bruno cannot last a whole game and is now to retire surely, great player that he is, El Capitano I salute you.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Some quality players in the championship we should look at. Bournemouth found David Brooks, Lewis Cook in the championship, Leicester found James Maddison, it's a league we should really look to recruit more from rather than the crap we like to dredge from the eredivisie. Players like Said Benrahma, Che Adams, Oli McBurnie, Dan James, Will Vaulks, Reece James all worth a look in the summer.

The gossip page on the BBC sport site says we've had a £10m offer for Reece James turned down by Chelsea. He's on loan at Wigan and listed as a defender but I saw him play in an attacking midfield role against Norwich a couple of weeks ago and he looked excellent. Similar to Bissouma but gets his shots on target!

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Ademola Lookman. Winger
Now playing at Everton but is unused on many an occasion so mainly appears only as sub. I know we have more urgent midfield signings to make but I would like to see our left winger position sorted too. Izquierdo as back up to Lookman would do for me in that area (under the right manager). I feel the right wing is ok, Knockaert and Solly would be flying given the correct management I believe.
So many issues with midfield it’s hard to know where to start. Anyone proven at this level currently in the Premier League would be great but would they come if Hughton was still the manager? I’m guessing not. My only request to our recruitment lot is DON’T go and buy more dross from the Dutch league please, should have learnt our lesson by now surely ��

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
No idea what he is like as a player but apparently Isaac Hayden from Newcastle wants to move South and is leaving Newcastle in the summer.
I think we were linked with him last year?
Like I said no idea if he would be an upgrade but he has PL experience and Newcastle fans seem to rate him.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Available on free transfers include: balotelli, Carroll, Giroud, dzagovic, Herrera,kruse, mata, Milner. Some big wages, big attitudes but improvement and no transfer free. Imagine if you get Andy Carroll actually fit for a whole season (okay too much to expect say 3 months)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here