Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
29. Non-UK. Previously played for Greenock Morton. Highest ever standard is the Swedish top league.
I'm out.

Yeah and Lee Cattermole got 287 appearances in the Premier League.

Bachirou he played in Europa League two years, both times being the main reason his team advanced from the group stage. Sure, PL is better than EL, but performing against teams like Athletic Bilbao and Chelsea do tell something.

I think you might be disappointed as Potter will look for good & fitting players/individuals rather than good names or fancy backgrounds.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bachirou he played in Europa League two years, both times being the main reason his team advanced from the group stage. Sure, PL is better than EL, but performing against teams like Athletic Bilbao and Chelsea do tell something.

I think you might be disappointed as Potter will look for good & fitting players/individuals rather than good names or fancy backgrounds.

Which is EXACTLY why Bloom has taken the gamble on him :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

At 29, if he was good enough he'd be playing at a better standard.

Next.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
At 29, if he was good enough he'd be playing at a better standard.

Next.

Why are you dumbing yourself down? There are lots and lots and lots of examples of players who joined big leagues late and still had great success. Malmö FF is not a bad club either. According to the UEFA Coefficient, they are the 62th best club in Europe.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I would like to see all of the signings that have been loaned out, come back and show what they are worth. We have signed a few who could push for a place in the next managers squad. He likes youth, pace and players he can work with. Get the drunks out and start fresh with what we have which is not a bad set of players plus the loans and international loans. We signed them for a reason, at least give them a chance....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Can I add that I think he looks a bit tubby too?

Stocky is acceptable, tubby isn’t. You’ll receive your summons on Tuesday ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well Huddersfield are in Austria the same week as us, so not difficult for Mooy to head over the mountain to sing ( yodel ) for us when we are there.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well Huddersfield are in Austria the same week as us, so not difficult for Mooy to head over the mountain to sing ( yodel ) for us when we are there.

Me like

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Jesus christ, you'd think we'd dropped down a tier with some of these names pinging about.

Well in a way we have. Potter is more used to poaching from the lower leagues so will be more used to that standard - there are some exceptional players in Europe's lower leagues (and I include the UK in that ). Far better to spend a couple of million on someone from a lower standard rather than spunk tens of millions on someone from Spain/Italy/Holland who doesn't immediately deliver (and I'm not picking on AJ or Locadia here). Tony Bloom will be looking for value.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well in a way we have. Potter is more used to poaching from the lower leagues so will be more used to that standard - there are some exceptional players in Europe's lower leagues (and I include the UK in that ). Far better to spend a couple of million on someone from a lower standard rather than spunk tens of millions on someone from Spain/Italy/Holland who doesn't immediately deliver (and I'm not picking on AJ or Locadia here). Tony Bloom will be looking for value.

We've never tried spunking tens of millions on proven players from decent leagues, that's been the whole problem. You cannot possibly include the Dutch league in your list next to Spain and Italy. That division is not even Championship standard bar a couple of teams.

We've spunked millions on high performers in shit leagues trying to find value, for which there has been none.

If the sum of our transfer business is 'finding value' in the lower leagues, then there is only one way we are going - the lower leagues.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Reece James or Tavernier
OMB
Harry Wilson
Camarasa
Matt Clarke

Any other targets I’ve missed?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Potter’s never had PL financial backing, until now. We’ve done the Dutch league value model, so time to join the serious players in the PL and buy quality. Bmuff and Watford have done alright in the main from this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'Evolution not Revolution' this summer.

We already have the 3 young January signings, loaned back to their clubs for half a season.

Mlakar (striker)

Mac Allister ( attacking midfield ) [ maybe ongoing passport / permit issues - whether he trains with us for pre-season will inform us of this ]

Baluta ( defensive midfield / central defence )

I have high hopes for all of these, and as none of them need to be nominated in the 25 this year then I suspect they will be a part of the 'evolution'.

So, for this summer, just 3 signings I reckon ( 4 if Pröpper goes ).

* Right back *
* Striker *
* Attacking Central Midfielder *

Not sure where the rumoured Matt Clarke would fit into the squad unless *Dunk is off* or Clarke is subsequently loaned out to the Championship for a year.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Just seen our number one right back tsrget Reece James has broken his ankle. Bugger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here