Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We all know that we will need to replace Murray or rely on Locadia or Andone to fill the bill., I would suggest that we look at Rondon currently on loan to Newcastle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We all know that we will need to replace Murray or rely on Locadia or Andone to fill the bill., I would suggest that we look at Rondon currently on loan to Newcastle.

Why would he do any better, playing on his own without a team mate within 40 yards, and none ever busting a gut to come up and join him? Andone and Locadia might score a few more goals if they were getting the right service and support.

We need a proper midfield. That is our number one priority - maybe even our only priority; other positions would be playing much better if midfield was bossing the game, spraying around killer passes, supporting the attack and chipping in with a few goals (even the defence would concede less if they weren't backs-to-the-wall defending 90% of the time).

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Why would he do any better, playing on his own without a team mate within 40 yards, and none ever busting a gut to come up and join him? Andone and Locadia might score a few more goals if they were getting the right service and support.

We need a proper midfield. That is our number one priority - maybe even our only priority; other positions would be playing much better if midfield was bossing the game, spraying around killer passes, supporting the attack and chipping in with a few goals (even the defence would concede less if they weren't backs-to-the-wall defending 90% of the time).

This with bells on

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yep Midfield, we could sign Messi and Ronaldo and they would still be in single figures between them in this current setup.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Young English players, playing centre mid and better wide/forward options. Believe we at least 6 to 7 new signings and they need to better than we have for a change.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Sorry I've said it in earlier posts, the model for me IF we beat Newcastle is to take a close look at how they are doing things at Bournemouth. The type of player and style of play.

IF Sheff Utd don't go up, I'd very much like to see Chris Wilder manage a team of athletic, young and skillful players for us. Keep Ryan, Bernado, Duffy, Dunk, March, Andone, Izzy, Montoya, Bissouma and bin the rest. Maybe Percy gets his visa, McAlister might be good and let's see if Gyokeres and Connolly can step up. Spend 50M on Cairney, Mooy and Shelvey. Going to need a Mitrovic like big #9 to replace Glenn.

Stephens, AK, Bong, Gross cost us virtually nothing and a Championship team will be happy to have them.
Keep Balogun and Burn as back ups to D&D.
Keep Bruno to work with U23s if and when he is ready.
Offload Locadia and Propper back to Netherlands at a discount, but they'll be in demand - we'll take a big loss but oh well.
Adios Ali J as probably the biggest mistake we've ever made, but hopefully a big team in The Middle East or somewhere will buy at a discount. Lad isn't going to make it in the EPL.

I watched the game today biting my nails and couldn't believe that we'd become this shadow of a team content with parking the bus. Surely we can do better?

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Some quality players in the championship we should look at. Bournemouth found David Brooks, Lewis Cook in the championship, Leicester found James Maddison, it's a league we should really look to recruit more from rather than the crap we like to dredge from the eredivisie. Players like Said Benrahma, Che Adams, Oli McBurnie, Dan James, Will Vaulks, Reece James all worth a look in the summer.

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009
100% agreed on midfield. Nothing going forward, very little protection going back. No goals, no creativity, no speed. Mooy, Shelvey, Cairney. We need a do-over. Just need to beat Newcastle now......

Harry Potter/Shelvey is a good player, but he's lazy and doesnt run or tackle.

If Hughton stays, he's always going to be defensive/negative (concentrate on clean sheet before goals) in which case, we may do a lot better by trying to be a counter attacking team and for that we need midfielders who can thread a pass and midfielders and attackers that can break with pace...... we have none such.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
mitrovic and mooy I like. We just don't have enough creativity in central mid.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Could we afford someone like Chris Wood? I think he’s exactly the type of player we need up front.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Is the right answer, even if we were to acquire Messi it would be like a broken pencil the way we currently play - pointless

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Agree with the calls for Mooy too. Definitely an upgrade over both Stephens and Propper, and shouldn’t be a difficult signing to pull off thanks to relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here