Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The biggest point against signing Mitrovic is that he is a younger version of Murray and from our signings with more pace I think that CH is wanting to move away from that style of play.

There is also absolutely no chance we could afford him, so that kills it offer before any talk of tactics.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We should look at Mata, play him as an attacking midfielder. Out of contract at Manure end of season, must be available for £10m. Bruno needs to get involved in the negotiations.

TNBA

TTF

He's reported to be on £130k a week - that's near three times the amount of our wage ceiling, and he'd also expect a significant signing on fee, so near enough 0% chance of that one happening.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
6FA2F4A7-2EE4-47E7-AE00-9B27DD060C47.jpegnormally a fairly reliable twitter account, has anyone seen this guy play?
Would he be an adequate Murray replacement?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
View attachment 108979normally a fairly reliable twitter account, has anyone seen this guy play?
Would he be an adequate Murray replacement?

I've mentioned him a few times over the last three years. Finnbogason has a lot of the same qualities as Murray (he's a good finisher, though has a tendency to stray offside) and is used to playing in a team that don't create many chances. My only concerns are that he's now 30, and he's started to regularly pick up a lot of niggle some injuries in the past season. He's also been out for the last three games and isn't expected to be back in training until mid-July, so highly doubt we went with the intention of monitoring him specifically this time.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I've mentioned him a few times over the last three years. Finnbogason has a lot of the same qualities as Murray (he's a good finisher, though has a tendency to stray offside) and is used to playing in a team that don't create many chances. My only concerns are that he's now 30, and he's started to regularly pick up a lot of niggle some injuries in the past season. He's also been out for the last three games and isn't expected to be back in training until mid-July, so highly doubt we went with the intention of monitoring him specifically this time.
Fits in perfectly then.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Dominik Iorfa. Sheffield Wednesday defender can play right back or centre half. Looks a very promising prospect on the occasions I’ve seen him.

England under 21 defender so would constitute home grown. Could be a long term successor to Bruno also plays centre back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dominik Iorfa. Sheffield Wednesday defender can play right back or centre half. Looks a very promising prospect on the occasions I’ve seen him.

England under 21 defender so would constitute home grown. Could be a long term successor to Bruno also plays centre back.

Similar to what we have with Balogun but home grown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here