Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
'Evolution not Revolution' this summer.

We already have the 3 young January signings, loaned back to their clubs for half a season.

Mlakar (striker)

Mac Allister ( attacking midfield ) [ maybe ongoing passport / permit issues - whether he trains with us for pre-season will inform us of this ]

Baluta ( defensive midfield / central defence )

I have high hopes for all of these, and as none of them need to be nominated in the 25 this year then I suspect they will be a part of the 'evolution'.

So, for this summer, just 3 signings I reckon ( 4 if Pröpper goes ).

* Right back *
* Striker *
* Attacking Central Midfielder *

Not sure where the rumoured Matt Clarke would fit into the squad unless *Dunk is off* or Clarke is subsequently loaned out to the Championship for a year.

would be a bit surprised if we only brought in one striker. we need two minimum imho.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
would be a bit surprised if we only brought in one striker. we need two minimum imho.

But the club never has what many of us see as the required amount of strikers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I would not.

I think Potter’s default system will be 3-5-2.

The 2 forward players will be a number 10 & a number 9. I suspect any number 10’s will be converted midfielders such as Groß.

The following evolution is what I’m anticipating:

Number 9:
***New 1st Choice Striker***
Murray
Andone
Mlakar/Connolly

Number 10:
Groß
Mac Allister
***New No.10 such as Powell***
Ali J

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would not.

I think Potter’s default system will be 3-5-2.

The 2 forward players will be a number 10 & a number 9. I suspect any number 10’s will be converted midfielders such as Groß.

The following evolution is what I’m anticipating:

Number 9:
***New 1st Choice Striker***
Murray
Andone
Mlakar/Connolly

Number 10:
Groß
Mac Allister
***New No.10 such as Powell***
Ali J

He also played 4-2-3-1 a lot with Swansea - so we certainly need to 'evolve' the '2' in that formation as well.

And maybe Tudor Baluta is part of that evolution.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bedwettingly Essential - 1 striker ( maybe at AFCON ).

Must have - 1 winger/ACM - Trossard looks like this man.

Optional - Right back, but maybe this is Schelotto.

Optional - Central midfielder, but only if Davy Pröpper leaves. Baluta and Molumby already evolve this area of the squad.

Optional - Central defender, but only if Balogun, Dunk or Duffy leaves.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bedwettingly Essential - 1 striker ( maybe at AFCON ).

Must have - 1 winger/ACM - Trossard looks like this man.

Optional - Right back, but maybe this is Schelotto.

Optional - Central midfielder, but only if Davy Pröpper leaves. Băluţă and Molumby already evolve this area of the squad.

Optional - Central defender, but only if Balogun, Dunk or Duffy leaves.

Not much more to do.

A striker is top priority, a central midfielder with either Pröpper or Kayal leaving, and ( if there is any cash left ) a right back.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not much more to do.

A striker is top priority, a central midfielder with either Pröpper or Kayal leaving, and ( if there is any cash left ) a right back.

If we really want to be an improvement on last season I feel all of those will be needed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No updates in the papers today of any interest other than Sheff Utd could be preparing a bid of £15m

ps sorry for Ollie McBurney of Swansea

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would Sheffield United be trying to replace Glenn Murray?

Even an idiot would understand that it is Sheff Utd considering a bid for McBurnie and us needing to upgrade GM so I thought that you would; fully understand that after I missed off then name of McBurnie.

In simple language it was said some weeks ago that we were interested in McBurnie but the only report is of Sheff Utd and a possible bid.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Even an idiot would understand that it is Sheff Utd considering a bid for McBurnie and us needing to upgrade GM so I thought that you would; fully understand that after I missed off then name of McBurnie.

I understand the situation perfectly.

From the way you wrote it, even post-amendment as per the posts I quoted, I assumed you were confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here