Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Player Ratings vs Wolves***

theboybilly

Please bear in mind that I was in the front row with the sun in my eyes so my view was far from perfect (especially of what was happening over on the far side) so:

Ryan 8

Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Bong 7

March 7
Stephens 7
Propper n/a
Groß 5
Izquierdo 6

Murray 5
Subs:
Kayal 9 (our MotM)
Bernado 6

Hughton 9/10 Got what he came for, cant argue with that even though it is tough to watch

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Didn’t go, but listened on 5Live. They were absolutely scathing of our inability to keep the ball, but grudgingly positive about the defensive performance. I’m assuming it will broadly be the same team v Spurs, with perhaps Locadia instead of Murray to play the lone striker who virtually never touches the ball. Tough times ��

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Difference in standard of the two leagues? Whilst he might not be up to the standard of a lower Prem team he will most likely slot into and impress a high ranking Dutch team.

Semi Finalists in the Champion’s League. Who’d have thought they’d want a player not good enough for Brighton (according to many fans)

The only conclusion is that he’s not a battler, sad that we have to stuff our team with players like that to stay up and cannot adjust to having skilful players. If that’s what the future holds I’m not sure I wouldn’t rather be watching us in a division in which we can entertain the fans. Watching other teams great players at the Amex is not really my ambition as a Brighton fan if we can’t go toe to toe with them every week.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Please bear in mind that I was in the front row with the sun in my eyes so my view was far from perfect (especially of what was happening over on the far side) so:

Ryan 8

Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Bong 7

March 7
Stephens 7
Propper n/a
Groß 5
Izquierdo 6

Murray 5
Subs:
Kayal 9 (our MotM)
Bernado 6

Hughton 9/10 Got what he came for, cant argue with that even though it is tough to watch

Did you deduct the one point for CH for not starting Kayal?

I would have deducted more than that. We all know barring injury our MotM would have stayed on the bench all game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Semi Finalists in the Champion’s League. Who’d have thought they’d want a player not good enough for Brighton (according to many fans)

The only conclusion is that he’s not a battler, sad that we have to stuff our team with players like that to stay up and cannot adjust to having skilful players. If that’s what the future holds I’m not sure I wouldn’t rather be watching us in a division in which we can entertain the fans. Watching other teams great players at the Amex is not really my ambition as a Brighton fan if we can’t go toe to toe with them every week.

Veron was one of the classiest players I have ever seen. Man U dumped him because he didn't fit the english game.

The CL is a weird one, we'd probably give 4th seeds and some 3rd seeds a competitive game even in our current state.

Have you watched Dutch football? It's no surprise if Davy wants to go there and be paid similarly, he would barely need to break stride most weeks and be a hell of alot more effective than he is with us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Veron was one of the classiest players I have ever seen. Man U dumped him because he didn't fit the english game.

The CL is a weird one, we'd probably give 4th seeds and some 3rd seeds a competitive game even in our current state.

Have you watched Dutch football? It's no surprise if Davy wants to go there and be paid similarly, he would barely need to break stride most weeks and be a hell of alot more effective than he is with us.

We would not give a game to any of the knockout stage Champion”s League teams imo. We might defend in depth and lose 1-0 but we would not beat any of them. We currently struggle against Championship sides. Yes we could probably match some of the “make up the numbers “ sides in the knockout phase. Ajax are currently not one of those.

I guess I’m just pissed that we are not set up to consider flair players as shoo ins for our first team :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Semi Finalists in the Champion’s League.

True. But then Brighton made it to the FA Cup semi and England to the WC semis. I think it’s fair to say both had luck on their side with opponents and results. Not sure I’d use a one-off appearance in a semi final to gauge greatness. Repeated appearances maybe.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
We would not give a game to any of the knockout stage Champion”s League teams imo. We might defend in depth and lose 1-0 but we would not beat any of them. We currently struggle against Championship sides. Yes we could probably match some of the “make up the numbers “ sides in the knockout phase. Ajax are currently not one of those.

I guess I’m just pissed that we are not set up to consider flair players as shoo ins for our first team :shrug:

If we had flair players maybe they would be. Propper imho does not fit that description.
He has had enough games but has contributed little. If he was a flair player he would have had more than 1 assist.
Not sure what he does to be honest - can't run with the ball, doesn't assist goals, can't tackle.
Jose is far more a flair player for me and (when fit) contributes far more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we had flair players maybe they would be. Propper imho does not fit that description.
He has had enough games but has contributed little. If he was a flair player he would have had more than 1 assist.
Not sure what he does to be honest - can't run with the ball, doesn't assist goals, can't tackle.
Jose is far more a flair player for me and (when fit) contributes far more.

DP flatters to deceive.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Stats are bullshit? ok mate great argument mate. Im not saying Kayal was awful, he played well but gave the ball away cheaply so many times, stats prove this. Maybe he was rusty after not playing as much.

You should never trust any stats without questioning them first. Reason being, "86% of statistics are completely made up". Because while the numbers never lie, the statistics almost always do.

'There are 3 types of lies, lies. damned lies and statistics'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because while the numbers never lie, the statistics almost always do.

In the context of a player’s match statistics, what exactly do you mean by this?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Watched it on a stream.

5 is average

Ryan 7 Made a couple of crucial saves
Bruno 7 Was very solid as usual
Duffy 7 Good game what we come to expect of Duffy
Dunk 7 Good game what we come to expect of Dunk
Bong 7 Came in a did a decent job
March 7.5 Good game
Stephens 5 Better than the last couple of games but still gave the ball away too cheaply
Propper n/a
Isquierdo 5 Not one of his best games but is not fully fit (not sure he should have played)
Gross 6 Did an ok job
Murray 4 He did his best with no service. He should be replaced by Andone until the end of the season

Kayal 8 MOM
Bernardo 6 Did well coming on for Bruno

Team as a whole 8

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh ffs how these change from against Cardiff, only 4 days ago. Has no one got the balls to say we are still shit? What do you not understand about football?

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Oh ffs how these change from against Cardiff, only 4 days ago. Has no one got the balls to say we are still shit? What do you not understand about football?

It is all in context though, compared to others we may be shit but for where we are the boys dug deep and got a very valuable point against a side that have performed much better than we have.

But not great football I agree!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here