Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Bruno HAS To Stay

4 Not allowed!
    What a difference his ability to keep things simple and stay calm makes

Bong did well too

Performance of the defence with the two "championship" full backs today was as different as the weather compared to a week ago

• North Stand Chat

advertising

5 Not allowed!
      The bloke is truly amazing.

at 38, you'd expect his experience to result in a cool head, playing the game wisely, which he does.

What really amazes me about him is his level of fitness for his age. He's not even "slow", can easily last 90 minutes, still makes forward runs, still getting stuck in.

Can't think of another full back in world football who could do this. Even Cafu & Roberto Carlos only lasted until 36/37.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      He had to go off injured though and sadly he is 38. We cant wish for Pele and Maradona either for the same reason.

1 Not allowed!
      Love Bruno but the time is up. He doesn’t feature much now and although can do a ‘cameo’ it is time to move on. Would be lovely if he could stay at the club in some capacity though.
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a difference his ability to keep things simple and stay calm makes

Bong did well too

Performance of the defence with the two "championship" full backs today was as different as the weather compared to a week ago
      Bruno and Bong to stay right! Looked compact, although we were obviously lucky today at times. Good solid back four.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The bloke is truly amazing.

at 38, you'd expect his experience to result in a cool head, playing the game wisely, which he does.

What really amazes me about him is his level of fitness for his age. He's not even "slow", can easily last 90 minutes, still makes forward runs, still getting stuck in.

Can't think of another full back in world football who could do this. Even Cafu & Roberto Carlos only lasted until 36/37.
      When you say "can easily last 90 minutes", he went off today with an injury as he has on many occasions when he's started. I love the bloke and hope he sticks around in some capacity but as a first choice defender in the Premier League (if we stay up) I'm afraid he's past it.

0 Not allowed!
      His ****ed
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

1 Not allowed!
      Had a sad feeling today that was the last time I'd see him in the (ugly green) shirt.

Hope he'll be back for Newcastle, and hope further still there is a position for him at the club somewhere when age finally catches up with him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Reckon he will play next week and possibly on Tuesday too … he didn't want to go off today … gave in when over ruled by bench

1 Not allowed!
      If we go down, we should keep him for another season.