Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno HAS To Stay

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
What a difference his ability to keep things simple and stay calm makes

Bong did well too

Performance of the defence with the two "championship" full backs today was as different as the weather compared to a week ago

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He had to go off injured though and sadly he is 38. We cant wish for Pele and Maradona either for the same reason.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Love Bruno but the time is up. He doesn’t feature much now and although can do a ‘cameo’ it is time to move on. Would be lovely if he could stay at the club in some capacity though.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
What a difference his ability to keep things simple and stay calm makes

Bong did well too

Performance of the defence with the two "championship" full backs today was as different as the weather compared to a week ago
Bruno and Bong to stay right! Looked compact, although we were obviously lucky today at times. Good solid back four.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The bloke is truly amazing.

at 38, you'd expect his experience to result in a cool head, playing the game wisely, which he does.

What really amazes me about him is his level of fitness for his age. He's not even "slow", can easily last 90 minutes, still makes forward runs, still getting stuck in.

Can't think of another full back in world football who could do this. Even Cafu & Roberto Carlos only lasted until 36/37.

When you say "can easily last 90 minutes", he went off today with an injury as he has on many occasions when he's started. I love the bloke and hope he sticks around in some capacity but as a first choice defender in the Premier League (if we stay up) I'm afraid he's past it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His ****ed

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Had a sad feeling today that was the last time I'd see him in the (ugly green) shirt.

Hope he'll be back for Newcastle, and hope further still there is a position for him at the club somewhere when age finally catches up with him.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Reckon he will play next week and possibly on Tuesday too … he didn't want to go off today … gave in when over ruled by bench

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
If we go down, we should keep him for another season.

Just thinking this. But he still has another year as a back up at this level if he stays injury free.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What he does show though, in my opinion, is the need for age and experience in the squad. At times this season Murray has been the only “sage” surrounded by players not even halfway through their careers. It was only a couple of seasons ago that we had Sidwell, Rosenior, Bruno and Murray all in the same dressing room to add experience and calm. I would definitely be in favour of signing a couple of journeymen experienced heads in the summer to balance things out and to reinforce CH’s (if he’s still managed) messages.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Stay up or go down, it's a complete no-brainer - Bruno is probably still the most naturally gifted player at the club right now and worthy of another year at least because of what he brings to us on and off the field. There surely can't be a fitter 38-year-old around either, he leads an exemplary lifestyle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just thinking this. But he still has another year as a back up at this level if he stays injury free.

Yes, Bruno and Bong to stay, plus Montoya and Bernardo (with a youngster coming through from the U23s if Bruno's ancient legs do start giving way*). Forget all the wallies who want a new RB and a new LB (as well as 4 or 5 others) to rebuild the team! We're OK at FB - there are other parts of the team where incoming improvements are a far greater priority.

* Unlike the disastrous attempt at the start of the season, Bernardo today showed for 20 minutes that he can, in emergency, play RB - so even if the U23 RBs fall short, we have a young LB in there who looks just about ready to step up now.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, Bruno and Bong to stay, plus Montoya and Bernardo (with a youngster coming through from the U23s if Bruno's ancient legs do start giving way*). Forget all the wallies who want a new RB and a new LB (as well as 4 or 5 others) to rebuild the team! We're OK at FB - there are other parts of the team where incoming improvements are a far greater priority.

* Unlike the disastrous attempt at the start of the season, Bernardo today showed for 20 minutes that he can, in emergency, play RB - so even if the U23 RBs fall short, we have a young LB in there who looks just about ready to step up now.

I’m one of those wallies. I always agree with you that ACM is our priority with two quality players needed there. But Montoya is a major concern to me, he simply struggles to defend, we look so vulnerable when he plays.

On Bruno, as everyone else says, what a class act. I hope he stays in one role or another.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bruno will be gone, his trapped nerve/back spasm now gets him every game and has done all season. Time has caught up

Jul 7, 2003
Sadly I fear old father time has caught up with him. His body just can't cope with top flight football on a regular basis.

He was stretching his back/hamstrings a couple of times before finally going down injured yesterday. Tried to continue but the bench made the right decision to take him off as playing on would only make things worse and probably put him out for the rest of the season.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Keep Bruno and Bong for one more year.

Bruno is clever enough to know when his legs are going, so he may make the decision himself.

We do lack leadership IMO and I would keep him for that alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here