Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recruitment Dept

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not stepped up or not been allowed to step up?

Think I'd give more credence to Sidwell's take on it than the Hughton-out knee jerk brigade, personally. Sidwell knows what he's talking about.

Recruitment needs to deliver the goods this summer though. Unlike last year (unless it was just the intention to fill out the squad without necessarily improving the team).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't 100% agree. There are good players amongst the new signings but the stats say otherwise. The downturn in fortune and results coincided with the introduction of the new players

I actually found myself actually watching the match today wanting them not to push forward because that's when we have conceded on the counter attack recently. Good to see another point on the board. Let's just try and stay up then internally let everyone take stock of what went wrong and what went well

Yes.

And let’s give Hughton some credit for the way he had us so well organised again. This is the only way we can play - he is doing the best with what he has.

the awful recruitment however needs to be reviewed as a matter of urgency. None of our offensive signings should feel safe (Gross apart).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We need to ditch the 4-3-3. Locadia will have to leave with the system as I can’t see him adjusting from Dutch football.

We need a real number 10 to deputise for Groß.

We need a replacement for Ajax bound Pröpper.

We need a replacement for Bruno.

We need a replacement for Murray.

Wise words. Just please let Ail J out also

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We need to ditch the 4-3-3. Locadia will have to leave with the system as I can’t see him adjusting from Dutch football.

We need a real number 10 to deputise for Groß.

We need a replacement for Ajax bound Pröpper.

We need a replacement for Bruno.

We need a replacement for Murray.

We need a new number 10 to compete with Gross. That’s the very least we have to do. The bottom line is most of our attacking and creative players are not good enough for the Premier League and need upgrading.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Sorry, but i do not agree. If Ali J or Locadia played the way Izzy played today then everyone on here would go for their heads. The expectations for our new signings despite the Ultra defensive style that we play is kinda sad IMO.

Shhhhhhh they don't like it when you point that out :whistle:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't 100% agree. There are good players amongst the new signings but the stats say otherwise. The downturn in fortune and results coincided with the introduction of the new players

I actually found myself actually watching the match today wanting them not to push forward because that's when we have conceded on the counter attack recently. Good to see another point on the board. Let's just try and stay up then internally let everyone take stock of what went wrong and what went well

i think CH needs some assistance in attacking and the coaching thereof......clearly not one of his fortes......also fail to see why players need to have an iPad waved in front of them prior to coming on .......they have been sat on the bench for the entire game , surely in most cases ,enough time for clear and concise instructions to be delivered for when they enter the game , considering they train 5 days a week , i mean what exactly goes on....??

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
It begs the question as to CH's judgement.While it may appear the recruitment dept are failing Chris must have had some input into these signings at the later stages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It begs the question as to CH's judgement.While it may appear the recruitment dept are failing Chris must have had some input into these signings at the later stages.

Everyone at the club, from the top down, goes to great lengths to state:-

"THE MANAGER HAS THE FINAL SAY ON ALL NEW SIGNINGS"

At no point have we been led to believe the buck stops at the recruitment dept.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

Totally agree but there are many on here who blame recruitment dept and absolve CH for any blame in recruitment.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Do you believe everything the club states then?

Perhaps he picks the best of an ordinary bunch say the top 10 Dutch league players.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Montoya cant tackle which I would have thought was pretty important attribute for a defender.[/QUOTE

I assume that’s why we’re trying to sign or at least rumoured to be interested in the young Chelsea rb

Absolutely no chance of signing him. A loan only. However we should break the bank to bring him in, but that’s not what we do.

Only Ryan, burn, Bernardo and bissouma (hughton not the right manager for him though), last years gross and Izzy have been good.

Jury out on

Andone
Locadia
Propper (probably manager has put him in this category)

Simply not prem quality

Ali J - worst signing in club history
Montoya - can’t defend
Balogun - loves an error

U23 signings not a clue, not expecting much at all from baluta and macallister as I guess they’ve been signed from football statistics like the above.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you believe everything the club states then?

Perhaps he picks the best of an ordinary bunch say the top 10 Dutch league players.

D
So you don't believe Mr Bloom, Mr Barber, Mr Hughton & Mr New-Bloke on numerous occasions as well as the same from the less high profile Mr Winstano?

If you're going to insist on that level of disbelief, whatever you do don't fall off the edge of the planet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here