Votes: 49 13.1%
  • Out

Votes: 142 38.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does that include the same voters?
It won't be identical, but a lot will be the same, and some will have changed their minds.
...I look at the post comments and they seem the same names (both ways)
Well the ones who've changed their vote probably haven't posted to explain.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The ultra defensive style coupled with the almost total rejection of our 2018 signings is too much for me, our attack makes Huddersfield look like Man City.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I genuinely don’t know and glad it’s not my decision. TB and PB will have a far clearer idea of what’s going on (whether there’s any dressing room unrest, for example), views on the success or otherwise of the recruitment strategy and how to change it etc etc.

If he stays - my betting is he will, he still has a huge amount of credit in the bank and TB is loyal - he absolutely needs to be supported by the club to bring in at least a couple of proven premier league players. We cant keep just taking punts on ‘VFM stars’ from European leagues hoping they can make the step up. To do this with some is fine, but not the entirety of the new blood.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
I remain a Hughton in, but can imagine why some could change their mind. It did start to feel like he had lost the players after the last 2 home games. If this happens there is no way back and he would need to go. The way they scrapped against Wolves showed this isn’t the case.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I wonder if you're a player and we manage to scrape staying up this season, how do you feel if CH stays.

The thought of playing another season of his football would make me want to get hold of my agent .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Player retention could be an issue, but equally as worrying is player acquisition.

If you were a young attacking player - would you want to come this club? Knowing that you'll spend most of your time either isolated on your own up front, or having to defend in your own half for a majority of your game time.

Attacking players would be mad to join this CH team. I bet Ali J, Bissouma, Locadia and maybe even Andone regret joining us at times.

Or stuck in the U23s until you are 30.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
One winger was a passenger on the bus.

Too attacking at Wolves, no need to play two wingers. One winger was a passenger on the bus. Could do better. Quadruple full back system vs Spurs. And passing to players on the Albion side.

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Bissouma Stephens Kayal Bernardo
Groß
Locadia​

Last edited:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
If Hughton stays I beleive he will still try to build the CM around Dale Stephens. For this reason I'm HughtonOUT

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Out, I'll love him for what he has done, but I always remember when Frank Bruno first took on Tyson and you could see the fear in his eyes. He was shit scared of the bout. I see CH the same way, scared of anything and everything that plays football.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Player retention could be an issue, but equally as worrying is player acquisition.

If you were a young attacking player - would you want to come this club? Knowing that you'll spend most of your time either isolated on your own up front, or having to defend in your own half for a majority of your game time.

Attacking players would be mad to join this CH team. I bet Ali J, Bissouma, Locadia and maybe even Andone regret joining us at times.

Yep, this.

The Summer is a massive task for us regardless of what league we'll be playing in next season.

If we stay, the fact we have scraped 17th place is of lesser concern than how we are perceived to play football. Combine the two and we have little to no pulling power.

First Summer was tough too, but at least we had players desperate to prove a point back then. Last Summer was the time to get our recruitment right because we could convince potential players the notion of taking the next step.

We have regressed and attacking players will give us a wide berth unless something drastic changes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we stick with Chris we're looking at taking a £40 million hit on 2018 signings he clearly doesn't rate, and if we take that hit and are in the bottom 3 in the autumn what next?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Out at end of Season

Press Report this morning.
"But it doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism and should they stay up Tony Bloom, the Brighton owner, needs to ask questions.
Bloom could start by asking why Brighton have now gone six games without scoring. Or why with just 32 goals they have the third-lowest total in the league this season and the second lowest in 2019, with relegated Huddersfield's tally just two worse than Brighton's 10.
It is even more glaring when you consider this was a side that spent £36million last summer on three players who were supposed to help Brighton settle into a more attacking style in their second season in the top flight while trying to take the load off Glenn Murray, who turned 35 in September.
Jurgen Locadia, Florin Andone and Alireza Jahanbaksh came in for £14m, £5m and £17m from PSV, Deportivo La Coruna and AZ Alkmaar. Between them they have just nine goals, with club-record signing Jahanbaksh yet to score in 21 appearances.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If we stick with Chris we're looking at taking a £40 million hit on 2018 signings he clearly doesn't rate, and if we take that hit and are in the bottom 3 in the autumn what next?

Propper allegedly has suitors, as for the rest if CH stays (and I think he will), it may be better for the club to loan out Locadia or Ali J if there's no firm offers...... You'd think Ali J would be worth something to a Dutch eredivisie side with his record there?

And all this assumes our being in the PL next season'? These might be great in the championship?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Wonder if he's enjoying it. Must have been horrendously stressful from a coaching perspective on Saturday, and then there's the barracking he's received from some at the last few home games, the mooted mini-mutiny from the players and the dreary press conferences by rote.

If the likely candidate was a hoary dinosaur, an untested Hyypia type or Trollope then we're better sticking with tedium. If it was, say, Benitez or Tedesco then it would seem opportune. Can't see next season being any less troubled.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

they’re not rated by lots of supporters too.

Will a new manager build an attacking, mid-table PL first team around our 2018 signings? I suspect not, with TB having to get the cheque book out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here