Votes: 142 38.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Careful what you wish for.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
In! Always liked Hughton and always disliked Poyet. Unlike the ficklers from NSC. So it's a in from me.. Need to buy better players though.
This. Obviously.

After the last few weeks though I would add caveats that "nothing lasts forever" and "there is a right time for everyone to move on"...

If Chris and Tony sit down at the end of the season and agree that it is a good time for CH to step down (or up) then I wouldn't be that surprised or unhappy.

If Chris stays or leaves then we have to transform the squad of players (3 or 4 significant changes to the 1st XI) or risk a difficult/ disappointing 2019/20 season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Careful what you wish for.

I remember when Charlton fans got too big for their boots. They were bored with not getting anywhere in the Premier League. Curbishley was removed and Pardew eventually got them relegated in 2007. They’ve not been back since.

Then there is Stoke and Pullis. Again, reactionary fans could not grasp the bigger picture. They were sick of Pullis’ style, many did not realise he was the only reason they remained in the top flight. They won’t be back for a while.

Has the end of this season been disappointing? Yes.

Has CH and the recruitment team tried to improve us on last year? Yes. Did it work? No.

Let’s not do a Mike Ashley. CH deserves a chance to rebuild the squad after the 4-3-3 experiment failed. If he can get half a dozen good signings to support a new 4-4-1-1 project, he has a chance to take us up or improve on 17th.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I remember when Charlton fans got too big for their boots. They were bored with not getting anywhere in the Premier League. Curbishley was removed and Pardew eventually got them relegated in 2007. They’ve not been back since.

Then there is Stoke and Pullis. Again, reactionary fans could not grasp the bigger picture. They were sick of Pullis’ style, many did not realise he was the only reason they remained in the top flight. They won’t be back for a while.
Exactly.

Half way through this season nearly all fans thought Chris was amazing, and we're lucky to hold on to him. A turn in form and suddenly most here wanted him out. So many football fans are incapable of being rational. We've had some really shit luck with decisions, made some mistakes, lost some games, lost confidence and it's snowballed, as it tends to do for a couple of PL clubs every year. But if Hughton was a good manager for us 4 months ago, he's not going to have suddenly become a bad one.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Nothings changed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Has the end of this season been disappointing? Yes.

Has CH and the recruitment team tried to improve us on last year? Yes. Did it work? No.

Let’s not do a Mike Ashley. CH deserves a chance to rebuild the squad after the 4-3-3 experiment failed. If he can get half a dozen good signings to support a new 4-4-1-1 project, he has a chance to take us up or improve on 17th.

fortunately we have TB who has his head screwed on right

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
fortunately we have TB who has his head screwed on right

Charlton had finished 6th the previous season and were meant to better that, when they didn’t the fans turned. It’s somewhat different, in fact it is MUCH worse to have been unhappy with that!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I’m definitely in the give him one more transfer window camp. He’s done so much for the club, he deserves a chance to bounce back from a very bad spell. By November- December it will be clear if he’s done so or not

By November or December with him in charge we'll be chasing Derby's record.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just don't understand how people can change their mind after one result? Surely you have an opinion based on the last two years?

I think most are voting on a longer time period than one match...but it does seem the trend to have a poll after each match....you can be assured another will appear Tuesday night

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think most are voting on a longer time period than one match...but it does seem the trend to have a poll after each match....you can be assured another will appear Tuesday night

How do you explain the swing from over 60% out after Cardiff to 38% after Wolves then?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just don't understand how people can change their mind after one result? Surely you have an opinion based on the last two years?
No chance. You ignore how well we did at the start of the season, see how poorly we've done since boxing day, and you claim the players don't care and call for the managers head. Then we scrape a draw against Wolves (who hit the woodwork twice) and you say the team is now together and that the problem in the dressing room has been dealt with, and the manager should stay.

I do wonder if these fans are able to have long terms relationships. I can easily imagine them swearing away at their wives, asking for a divorce, just because they've had a bad day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here