Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Absolutely Bricking It

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All through today up until about 4.52 pm. I didn’t look at any score updates, turned off the TV, didn’t bother with the radio. All I wanted was, at the very least, a point. A life saving, heart stopping, all important point to somehow stave off the impending drop. We got it!
I was out until just after 3, and did my best to put football out of my mind. Then friends came round, so I was busy greeting them etc, and I continued to pretend football wasn't a thing. Then one of them bloody asked how we were doing, so I had to check the score - holding on, 40 minutes to go. Reading the stress apparent in the official match thread, I see I got through mostly unscathed, but still a little stress waiting for the inevitable Wolves goal that just didn't come.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly the same. Rare Saturday off so busied myself with the worst garden chores until around 4.55 before switching Radio Sussex on. Never been so pleased to hear Warren Aspinall mangling the English language.

Exactly the same. My lad had it on a stream, but I stayed in the garden for the first half, walked past him without even checking the hot score, and went out shopping. Didn’t look at my phone for any notifications, etc - avoided everything so I could at least pretend it was 0-0 for as long as possible.. checked score at 5pm - delighted with the point.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Instituted my 'extra stressful away game policy' of completely ignoring the ruddy thing apart from a brief casual score check at half time. Saw it was 0-0 and expected the inevitable for the rest of the game so delighted to discover we'd hung on and grabbed a precious point. Think I actually got it on score predictor too. Last time this policy was employed was the Palace match, so I figured it might do the trick :lolol:

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
All through today up until about 4.52 pm. I didn’t look at any score updates, turned off the TV, didn’t bother with the radio. All I wanted was, at the very least, a point. A life saving, heart stopping, all important point to somehow stave off the impending drop. We got it!

I can now go to the Spurs game on Tuesday, for our “free hit”, with a bit of hope and optimism that has been severely lacking over the last four days. And, yes, I know that today’s result may be just a temporary reprieve but boy has it lightened my mood.

You should have a comma after 'today' and another after 'pm'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m really worried about Cardiff, can see them getting 4-6 points

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I’m really worried about Cardiff, can see them getting 4-6 points

Minimum of 3, maximum of 7 for Cardiff and minimum of 1, maximum of 5 for us by my reckoning.

If they get 7pts they will deserve to stay up. If we get 1 point, we will deserve to go down.

We really just need a win and it's over for them beyond something extraordinary. Easier said than done at the moment, might be more realistic to hope for 3 draws but that's going to knock 10 years off all of us.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I'm with you. I had to walk around the block for about an hour - couldn't bear just sitting at home.
Same thing. Said to the wife that we needed some leeks for dinner. Went shopping to the local Tesco Express. Took me about 2 hours. Better than being at home...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I was out for birthday drinks and kept tabs on the game till midway through the second half, after that it didn't matter.......hic !

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I was down the beach playing with my son. Kept ignoring phone and checked at half time. Then realised battery was about to die so switched phone off and kept asking random passers by the time until someone said ten to five. Heart was well and truly in the mouth turning the phone back on. Why do we do this to ourselves!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Top 6 supporters have no clue what its like to be a fan of a team in the bottom 4. Stressed out doesn't even begin to describe it. So many times I struggle to sleep on a Saturday night. Doesn't help given that our working week starts in a Sunday.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool I agree.

Older fans of Tottenham, Man City and Chelsea can empathise with you. The post-Premier League fans of those clubs not so much.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m on holiday and the Albion once again are RUINING my ability to enjoy myself. Mrs P not helping with remarks like ‘stop looking at your phone...’

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't imagine it was any worse being away from Molyneux. It was living, breathing, gut-wrenching torture to witness that. The header that hit the inside of the post, rolled out to Dendonca, two to three yards out. My world froze as he drew back his foot to bury it. The Ryan block was incredible. The same player then bulleted a header at goal from four yards, it had to go in. It didn't. I hadn't recovered from the first half. The Jonny Otto shot. Right behind it as he shot. Cert goal. Still can't believe the tiny movement that took it inches past. The horrible looping volley that looked like it was dropping in, the split second of 3000 holding their breath. Hits the bar.
And so it went on. So many corners. So much pressure. Two drag backs to Boly. Unmarked edge of the box. Had to get one on target. Didn't. Almost unremitting pressure.
The final whistle. We were drained. Legs had gone. Hard work walking back to the car. Mentally exhausted. Put through the wringer, came out with a point. The heat, the bloody heat, unrelenting. Bloody pyrotechnics on the touchline. Blasts of extra unnecessary heat wafting over. Cramped seats. Had to stand the whole game. Pathetic catering. No bottled water. No tea.
And we still got a bloody point. It felt like Custers last stand or Zulu. Waves of attacking. Desperate measures to try and repair recent ineptitude. Sheer bloody relief. Step in the right direction. Now comes the even more difficult bit, accepting the inevitable at Tottenham. Trying to change the mindset for our biggest game v Newcastle. Still worried how we are suddenly going to create enough chances to score in that game and whether we can shake off Cardiff.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Don't imagine it was any worse being away from Molyneux. It was living, breathing, gut-wrenching torture to witness that. The header that hit the inside of the post, rolled out to Dendonca, two to three yards out. My world froze as he drew back his foot to bury it. The Ryan block was incredible. The same player then bulleted a header at goal from four yards, it had to go in. It didn't. I hadn't recovered from the first half. The Jonny Otto shot. Right behind it as he shot. Cert goal. Still can't believe the tiny movement that took it inches past. The horrible looping volley that looked like it was dropping in, the split second of 3000 holding their breath. Hits the bar.
And so it went on. So many corners. So much pressure. Two drag backs to Boly. Unmarked edge of the box. Had to get one on target. Didn't. Almost unremitting pressure.
The final whistle. We were drained. Legs had gone. Hard work walking back to the car. Mentally exhausted. Put through the wringer, came out with a point. The heat, the bloody heat, unrelenting. Bloody pyrotechnics on the touchline. Blasts of extra unnecessary heat wafting over. Cramped seats. Had to stand the whole game. Pathetic catering. No bottled water. No tea.
And we still got a bloody point. It felt like Custers last stand or Zulu. Waves of attacking. Desperate measures to try and repair recent ineptitude. Sheer bloody relief. Step in the right direction. Now comes the even more difficult bit, accepting the inevitable at Tottenham. Trying to change the mindset for our biggest game v Newcastle. Still worried how we are suddenly going to create enough chances to score in that game and whether we can shake off Cardiff.

Did you go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here