Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier 20/21st April

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cardiff 24% possession and two shots on target. Barely laid a glove on Liverpool. All this talk they they are fighting harder than us is nonsense based on this weekend. We are both fighting hard and this weekend we have inched a bit further ahead.

This. Until Liverpool scored, Cardiff were excessively talked up on this thread as doing something we could never do. In reality all they did was match our two performances against Liverpool .... then it unravelled. It was quite Hughton-esque. There was no amazing Warnock game plan that stunned their opponents.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Cardiff 24% possession and two shots on target. Barely laid a glove on Liverpool. All this talk they they are fighting harder than us is nonsense based on this weekend. We are both fighting hard and this weekend we have inched a bit further ahead.

We have been reeled in this week, from 5 points to 4, so we are -1. We haven't 'inched' anywhere.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
So... assuming it was a penalty, it took Salah to go to the floor in order to get it. If he had stayed on his feet he wouldn't have. That says more about the official than the player. Now, I used to play as a centre forward in my younger days, not at their level obviously. But if the defender had got hold of me like that I think I would have been totally entitled to a foul, which in this case is a penalty. I don't know if you ever played but that was nailed on, 100%, stonewall a penalty.

Spot on... 100% in every respect!

This sly form of fouling should be punished by VAR next season... the player shouldn't have to go down... but refs frequently let them go, forcing the player to go to ground.

I'm sure Muzza would have been somewhat hacked off if a pen hadn't been awarded because he stayed on his feet!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So... assuming it was a penalty, it took Salah to go to the floor in order to get it. If he had stayed on his feet he wouldn't have. That says more about the official than the player. Now, I used to play as a centre forward in my younger days, not at their level obviously. But if the defender had got hold of me like that I think I would have been totally entitled to a foul, which in this case is a penalty. I don't know if you ever played but that was nailed on, 100%, stonewall a penalty.

Agreed....and yet the commentators were bigging up the controversy ...poor ol hard done by Cardiff?.....cobblers!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anything can happen mate, i reckon its almost certain, our game plan on Tuesday will be the same as yesterday, just hope for the same result.... its to our advantage that Spurs have the CL SF coming up and are fighting for top 4, they put out a few more second stringers yesterday, with kane out, and hopefully the same again, we can but live in hope........ whatever happens, if its not mathematically certain (or as good as with GD) before the final day, with city going for the title, that will be one hell of an emotional roller coaster.

But Spurs will want to finish in the top four so will be going all out to win. They won't want to be playing in the Europa League in their new stadium next season..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed....and yet the commentators were bigging up the controversy ...poor ol hard done by Cardiff?.....cobblers!!

They seemed really big on Cardiff, when they produced nowt special, with several clear cut chances to Liverpool. Had to turn the sound down a tad, to avoid the preplanned narrative. Please just comment on the game in front, rather than the big picture.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agreed, but Murray struggles to stay on his feet once his 3' personal space alarms squealed in his hearing aid, let alone if he actually gets touched!

Spot on... 100% in every respect!

This sly form of fouling should be punished by VAR next season... the player shouldn't have to go down... but refs frequently let them go, forcing the player to go to ground.

I'm sure Muzza would have been somewhat hacked off if a pen hadn't been awarded because he stayed on his feet!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But Spurs will want to finish in the top four so will be going all out to win. They won't want to be playing in the Europa League in their new stadium next season..

Spurs have 6 games in 19 days from Tuesday. They have the very real possibility of getting to the Champions League final. If there is 1 game in there that they rotate and think they’ll have enough it will be ours.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Anyone see Warnock's post match interview? Obviously, it was all about the officials. It's been this for every game they've lost I suspect (and probably some they've drawn or even won!) Wish someone could just show his team pulling down Dunk in the first ten minutes this week to counter Robertson's tug on Morrison which he spent ages talking about. Loved when he was asked about the dry pitch. He was blatantly lying saying he knew nothing about it (as if he didn't tell his groundsmen to do that) and then said it even slowed his team down! Such a tosser siege mentality bullshitter. I can't stand their tactics and antics. He's done well to get that many points with that squad but I can't stand that moaning, classless bigot.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone see Warnock's post match interview? Obviously, it was all about the officials. It's been this for every game they've lost I suspect (and probably some they've drawn or even won!) Wish someone could just show his team pulling down Dunk in the first ten minutes this week to counter Robertson's tug on Morrison which he spent ages talking about. Loved when he was asked about the dry pitch. He was blatantly lying saying he knew nothing about it (as if he didn't tell his groundsmen to do that) and then said it even slowed his team down! Such a tosser siege mentality bullshitter. I can't stand their tactics and antics. He's done well to get that many points with that squad but I can't stand that moaning, classless bigot.

Even if we were safe, I’d love Cardiff to go down. Always disliked the club, their many scummy fans and always Wnk Warnock. And in answer to someone’s pro-Warnock rhetorical question today ..... No, I would hate it Warnock was our manager.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really good set of results for us I thought.
1. Crystal Palace win away at Arsenal, good form with then gunning for top 11.
2. Fulham get into their best form of the season, clearly looking to finish strongly to take into next season.
3. Newcastle mathmatically safe, job done.
4. Southampton drawn back into the relegation fight, we could be above then 5pm next week.
5. Arsenal lose keeping ManUtd in the top 4 race.

I’m feeling a lot more positive than I did at 21.30 last Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here