Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier 20/21st April

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Many seem to defend cheating now - taking after the after the pundits, "he has every right to go down". Players 'winning' penalties such as these seems to have become a lot more normal in recent years. Perhaps I'm stuck in the past.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It was stupid, because everyone knows the cheat Salah is going to go down in that situation, but to call it a wrestling/rugby challenge is ridiculous. It most likely wouldn't have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch as Salah wouldn't have gone down. The defender got tight - too tight considering Salah's reputation - who backed into the defender and cheated his way to a penalty.

You have defended Liverpool before on here. Are they your second team?

Sorry but wrapping your arms around a player IS a foul ANYWHERE on the pitch.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was stupid, because everyone knows the cheat Salah is going to go down in that situation, but to call it a wrestling/rugby challenge is ridiculous. It most likely wouldn't have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch as Salah wouldn't have gone down. The defender got tight - too tight considering Salah's reputation - who backed into the defender and cheated his way to a penalty.

You have defended Liverpool before on here. Are they your second team?

Whether it be politics or football, you follow and criticise me. I feel honoured that a middle aged man behind his keyboard has a weird infatuation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea how any football fan didn’t see that as a nailed on penalty. We would have gone ballistic if it had been our player being held like that and the penalty been turned down. OK he went down like sack of spuds eventually but he was being pulled for a good few seconds beforehand.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
old school fella and successful wherever he's been.

(he's had some success in the Champ and L1 getting several promotions. But in the Prem ?

- He had 1 year in the Prem with Sheff Utd - relegated on last day of season.
- He took QPR to promotion but in the Prem he lasted til January before they sacked him for being 17th.
- At Palace (his next stint in the Prem) they sacked him after he won 3 games in 17 and left them in the bottom 3.
- With Cardiff - they've been in the bottom 3 nearly all season ...(thankfully !!)

PS: even in the Champ - before Cardiff /Rotherham - He was sacked at Leeds after they finished 14th in his first season and just outside the relegation zone in his second.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Many seem to defend cheating now - taking after the after the pundits, "he has every right to go down". Players 'winning' penalties such as these seems to have become a lot more normal in recent years. Perhaps I'm stuck in the past.

How was he cheating? Yes I know he is a cheat but how was he cheating? Summarise how that was not a penalty please.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ridiculous for anyone to suggest that wasn’t a stonewall penalty.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I think its bad luck that Palace and Fulham are winning - must mean they can't beat Cardiff and keep the run going.
I think its also bad luck that Man Utd are losing - must mean they can't possibly beat Cardiff because they are in bad form.
I think its bad luck that Arsenal and Spurs are losing- must mean that can't carry on - they will beat us.
I think its bad luck that Newcastle and Man City are winning - must mean they're bound to beat us.
Please let this all end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here