Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Survival is paramount to TB long term vision and I believe we will see a bit of money being spent this summer so we don't encounter the same next season*

*If we survive this season.

This season will have given TB the fright of his footballing life. Hopefully a lesson learnt. Doubt we'll see the recruitment team given carte blanche to piss tens of TB's millions up the wall on anonymous squad-players-at-best again anytime soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you watch the game on Tuesday?
Yes.
The result is not the ****ing issue, the fact that we had some fight against wolves and not Cardiff, that's the issue. There was absolutely no fight on Tuesday, not once did I feel like they cared.
We disagree. There's no logic at all to your belief that we cared today, but we didn't care on Tuesday. What do you think something suddenly happened to make the players care? On Tuesday we had 2/3 possession, more attacking and more shots that Cardiff - we just couldn't break them down, and lost on the counter. We didn't lose through lack of caring.

We started the game nervously. You don't make miss-passes like Stephens did because you don't care, you miss them because you're nervous and know how important it is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Within the huge limitations imposed on us by our manager, we played the best game we could today to get a result.
Ok, understood.

That game was still absolutely ghastly though and evidence of why he’s a dead man walking.
Except that he's not. Please post a list of all the teams that have spent less than us on transfers and wages, and are playing lovely attacking football, and staying in the division.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This season will have given TB the fright of his footballing life. Hopefully a lesson learnt. Doubt we'll see the recruitment team given carte blanche to piss tens of TB's millions up the wall on anonymous squad-players-at-best again anytime soon.
If I remember correctly the plan was to keep it low in the first two seasons then build from there steadily. I do admit I could have dreamt that tho and be speaking complete b0ll0x.

Edit: I was thinking more quality over quantity.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Have a day off. You're in the running for most hysterical poster along with Sussex Nomad. Almost as embarassing as the 'boring, boring' chants from a Wolves who are soon to forget they were doing the same just a short few years ago before they were bought out by a Chinese conglomerate..

Job done today. If you wanted any more then you are utterly delusional and don't understand our current situation.

A near Championshp team got us out of a hole today. One job left to do. Get behind the team and the management and ask the questions when safe.

And we were boring, utterly boring so what’s wrong with that deserved chant? I’d do the same if a team came to us and played like that, no attempt to score and time wasting from the first half.

As I said, we’ll take that but by the skin of our teeth. It relied on a heck of a lot of luck as much as any defensive ability.

I’m finding the self congratulating of one of the worst, most negative performances I’ve ever seen from a premier league side a bit much. The way the official club social media account and some posters on here have reacted you’d think we’d won away at Man Utd.

A point away to Wolves is not that great a result, they’re poor against teams that don’t attack much. Even Huddersfield won there.

I’m well aware of our position and need to have to take anything we can at the moment, because of how poor we’ve been all season, but it’s this acceptance of our diabolical football and complacency all season that has got us here in the first place and which is so frustrating.

You might like to insult people for their opinions and call me hysterical but I said we were sleep walking our way to relegation way back in January and got laughed at but turns out I might know what I’m talking about.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
We're short of confidence, can't score, and went to a top half side to grind out a draw. The plan isn't to provide that style of football in the future, but needs must.

Eh? They were together after the defeat against City, they're always together, but it's hardly surprising that they've been in a shitty mood following the recent home defeats. I'd be kinda annoyed if they'd been happy after the league losses.

There has been some problems over last few weeks

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We're short of confidence, can't score, and went to a top half side to grind out a draw. The plan isn't to provide that style of football in the future, but needs must.

Eh? They were together after the defeat against City, they're always together, but it's hardly surprising that they've been in a shitty mood following the recent home defeats. I'd be kinda annoyed if they'd been happy after the league losses.

Having seen many teams over years in our situation after a series of humiliating defeats just roll over and accept that they are going down and last week I saw that in a number of the players but today at the end they not only were they the faces of old but the togetherness felt genuine

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The defence today knew how hard they fought to get out of the EFL - and have had the intensity of two games a week before

All the PL new signings think one game a week is all they are paid for

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having seen many teams over years in our situation after a series of humiliating defeats just roll over and accept that they are going down and last week I saw that in a number of the players but today at the end they not only were they the faces of old but the togetherness felt genuine

This. Players finally seemed to get the gravity of the situation

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I've just seen the highlights, looks like our luck returned for this one. Let's hope it stays until end of season.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Hearing Bissouma and Montoya had a training ground disagreement yesterday, and went home to cool off. That’s from a social media source, nothing privileged.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A point away to Wolves is not that great a result, they’re poor against teams that don’t attack much. Even Huddersfield won there.

But would you agree over a season that 4pts from them is good and maybe help towards keeping us up?

I’m well aware of our position and need to have to take anything we can at the moment, because of how poor we’ve been all season

I don't agree we've been poor all season. Since the turn of the year definitely but I think the cup run as a lot to answer for that.

You might like to insult people for their opinions and call me hysterical but I said we were sleep walking our way to relegation way back in January and got laughed at but turns out I might know what I’m talking about.

You definitely entitled to your opinion but does it also mean you don't know what you're talking about if we stay up?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Point gained for us today

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Within the huge limitations imposed on us by our manager, we played the best game we could today to get a result.

That game was still absolutely ghastly though and evidence of why he’s a dead man walking.

I don’t see what’s confusing about that.

What are the limitations you'd have him remove?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hearing Bissouma and Montoya had a training ground disagreement yesterday, and went home to cool off. That’s from a social media source, nothing privileged.

It wasn’t yesterday. It’s been mentioned about happening before the Bournemouth game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
And we were boring, utterly boring so what’s wrong with that deserved chant? I’d do the same if a team came to us and played like that, no attempt to score and time wasting from the first half.

As I said, we’ll take that but by the skin of our teeth. It relied on a heck of a lot of luck as much as any defensive ability.

I’m finding the self congratulating of one of the worst, most negative performances I’ve ever seen from a premier league side a bit much. The way the official club social media account and some posters on here have reacted you’d think we’d won away at Man Utd.

I’m well aware of our position and need to have to take anything we can at the moment, because of how poor we’ve been all season, but it’s this acceptance of our diabolical football and complacency all season that has got us here in the first place and which is so frustrating.

Many of us saw the signs, I put money on it and I rarely bet. Fair enough I didn't think it would ACTUALLY happen back then, but there were signs it could.

We all need to think in terms of minimums from now until the end of the season. What is the minimum we expect from our team? Fight, determination, willingness to leave everything out there. What is the minimum points haul we can expect? I would have said 4. We're on track.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Too many criteria and different circumstances for any sort of comparison to be made there.
No there aren't, it's really quite simple: Compared to other teams, we haven't spent much, but we need to stay up. That means attractive attacking football is a tough ask. No other team has managed it.

You can only look at the product on the pitch that Hughton has had four years and £150m to create and, in my opinion, it’s neither effective nor good to watch. Three wins in 19 backs me up on that.
No, you're not backed up, because at the moment, we're not in the relegation zone, and we're not favourites to go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here