Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having seen many teams over years in our situation after a series of humiliating defeats just roll over and accept that they are going down and last week I saw that in a number of the players but today at the end they not only were they the faces of old but the togetherness felt genuine
And I think the togetherness has by and large been there all the time. Of course they're going to be a bit pissed off with each other after losing 5-0, each with their own take on what went wrong, but I still think they're united.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There has been some problems over last few weeks
Have you got some inside info on what exactly? Because none of us could say there were issues before any match, it's only after we lose we can see they're unhappy. Wolves had 22 shots today - had a few of them gone in, we wouldn't have seen all the hugging at the end, and fans would be saying there's no togetherness any more (which, with hindsight, would have been wrong).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
But would you agree over a season that 4pts from them is good and maybe help towards keeping us up?

I don't agree we've been poor all season. Since the turn of the year definitely but I think the cup run as a lot to answer for that.

You definitely entitled to your opinion but does it also mean you don't know what you're talking about if we stay up?

4 points is about right against them, Huddersfield took 6.

And no it doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about if we stay up, we’re going to finish on a points total that would regularly mean relegation and we will have come a lot closer than we should have.

And we’ve been poor all season, including in the cup run itself. We picked up 3 lucky wins in October but apart from that, have only played well against Palace x 2 and Man Utd at home.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And we’ve been poor all season, including in the cup run itself. We picked up 3 lucky wins in October but apart from that, have only played well against Palace x 2 and Man Utd at home.

Can’t disagree with any of that.

We also played very well against Watford at home, Ben Foster had an exceptional day.

A paltry number of matches.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
4 points is about right against them, Huddersfield took 6.

And no it doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about if we stay up, we’re going to finish on a points total that would regularly mean relegation and we will have come a lot closer than we should have.

I get your frustration but that's football. You have to take the good times with the bad times and for the first time in 3/4 season we are having a dip after being on an almighty high. Football is a rollercoaster after all.

I'm sure Huddersfield and Fulham fans would like to be as shit as us at this moment in time and still have a chance of survival with the ball in their court after going to Wembley in a semi final of the FA cup.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
But it wasn't the work ethic that let us down in the last few games. In the last two, we were trying to attack, and hit on the break. Against SCC it was woeful dilly-dallying, but it wasn't a lack of work ethic. The only exception would be once we'd already gone a few behind against plucky Bournemouth.

The words of Maty Ryan:

To keep a clean sheet speaks volumes about the effort shown by the lads.

We need to leave everything out on the pitch. It’s one thing we’ve been guilty of recently. I guess we haven’t wanted it as much as the opposition, which is disappointing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The words of Maty Ryan:

To keep a clean sheet speaks volumes about the effort shown by the lads.

We need to leave everything out on the pitch. It’s one thing we’ve been guilty of recently. I guess we haven’t wanted it as much as the opposition, which is disappointing.

That. Great to see the spirit return today.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think the only fair comparison is us and Huddersfield. Both of us came up last season backed by a wealthy local owner. They were down some time ago. In the meantime we have had a great cup run and imo will still stay up this season.
You can say what you want about cup runs but the fact is we lost every game afterwards. Look at the record.
I am still team Chris, sorry. I think he has always done what is asked of him from keeping us in the Championship, reaching the play-offs to getting automatic promotion.
I can’t see TB binning him off no matter what is said on here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the only fair comparison is us and Huddersfield. Both of us came up last season backed by a wealthy local owner. They were down some time ago. In the meantime we have had a great cup run and imo will still stay up this season.
You can say what you want about cup runs but the fact is we lost every game afterwards. Look at the record.
I am still team Chris, sorry. I think he has always done what is asked of him from keeping us in the Championship, reaching the play-offs to getting automatic promotion.
I can’t see TB binning him off no matter what is said on here.

Hope you're right.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
How is it that America shows more PL games?

Believe it or not the US has changed and despite the middle of America hating foreigners and aligning with Trump there is a huge population in cities like Chicago, St Louis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc. that love the PL.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Believe it or not the US has changed and despite the middle of America hating foreigners and aligning with Trump there is a huge population in cities like Chicago, St Louis, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Detroit, etc. that love the PL.

Oh, i agree! I'm in Los Angeles myself and go to the pub to watch the games almost every Saturday/Sunday!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mike, have you got a drink problem, hangovers on match days seem to be becoming the norm :lolol:

Hehe, didn’t get back till 2am, though I did keep tabs on the games on my mobile till half way through the second half at least.
Four more games like this bore fest I supposed to try and secure the points.
I think this will be CH’s last season ending on a mini high of just about surviving.
I just woke up so will go through thread now, won’t bother watching replay, seen it plenty of times !
City winning did us a favour, more pressure on Liverpool to win.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Newcastle are much improved and anyone thinking we will just walk over them hasn't watched our last 10 games.
I think Cardiff will get results against Palarse and Fulham, we need another 4 points to stave this off and I can't see where they will come from.
Chris was making a point today with the team selection and he should have a lot more say in who he wants if he doesn't already.
The quality of the top teams in this division has dictated the way we play, though we are the only team in this division who feel they have to play this way which is also strange.
The City v Spurs result will mean that Liverpool must win to stay in contention, that was a good result for us.
Warnock will not give up till the final whistle of the final game, not a big fan, but he has the tenacious qualities which we need at present, he believes he can upset the big teams and doesn't hide from them.
I think Chris will be gone after this season and keeping us in this League will be his legacy, albeit playing turgid till the end.
Pre season will be interesting I must say.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Newcastle are much improved and anyone thinking we will just walk over them hasn't watched our last 10 games.
I think Cardiff will get results against Palarse and Fulham, we need another 4 points to stave this off and I can't see where they will come from.
Chris was making a point today with the team selection and he should have a lot more say in who he wants if he doesn't already.
The quality of the top teams in this division has dictated the way we play, though we are the only team in this division who feel they have to play this way which is also strange.
The City v Spurs result will mean that Liverpool must win to stay in contention, that was a good result for us.
Warnock will not give up till the final whistle of the final game, not a big fan, but he has the tenacious qualities which we need at present, he believes he can upset the big teams and doesn't hide from them.
I think Chris will be gone after this season and keeping us in this League will be his legacy, albeit playing turgid till the end.

Totally agree about Newcastle beating them on current form even at home is no easy task.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Capture.PNG

View from the Pier

Feb 27, 2019

Point at Wolves may be a false dawn, agree hard to see where points coming from, Cardiff can beat Fulham and Palace won't be unhappy if Cardiff send us down

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's just possible that Palace may offset the angst caused by 2 derby defeats to us with the sheer euphoria of having an influential hand in our relegation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here