Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
People like you are the reason not to engage.

OddballPointlessCardinal-size_restricted.gif

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No intelligence, attack. Wish CH had the same formula.

What?

You are a spoof account and I claim my €5

So you are suggesting that hougton adopts Klopp’s style of football with a fraction of the talent and a fraction of the money available to buy the best players in the world?

Or are you being purposely obtuse?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
First off, it wasn't a comeback. I'm not 'internet fighting' you. ???
Second, I had previously answered the second part of your post; 'What positivity do we have to feed off'.

But I'll answer it once again, as you've clearly demonstrated you don't fully read replies.
We gained a point that no reasonable supporter would have believed we'd gain. That puts us technically 4 points ahead of Cardiff. Plus the clean sheet and very resolute defending, adds confidence to a team who were desperately lacking confidence.

No one is saying it was a great game, but we played for a point, that was the target, and it was achieved.

And I am pointing out that there still needs to be changes if we manage to stay up, difficult to understand?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What?

You are a spoof account and I claim my €5

So you are suggesting that hougton adopts Klopp’s style of football with a fraction of the talent and a fraction of the money available to buy the best players in the world?

Or are you being purposely obtuse?
By now you should perhaps remember its 'Hughton'.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
And I am pointing out that there still needs to be changes if we manage to stay up, difficult to understand?

You are? You hadn't mentioned that in any of your replies to me.
All I've read from you is 'he's shit', 'we're shit', 'not premier league', 'what is there to be happy about', 'negative record', 'I wish we played like Liverpool', 'Hughton out', 'embarrassing' etc, etc.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle winning 2-0 against Stains at HT is good. Newcastle will be safe by the time they play us (get the reserves on Rafa) and saints still only 2 points in front.

And looks like 2 reasonably serious injuries for them. Let's hope for 2 red cards in the next 20 mins to deplete them further.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Half time analysis (in my opinion): Shocking attempt to play negative football. Why was Bernardo dropped? Thank God Kayal is on the pitch. Why are we playing 6-3-1? Why did it take 34 minutes to even have more players in their half? Why am I cringing at the commentator and pundit (Matt Holland I think) literally mocking us? Why can't we do ball retention? What happened, as promised by Chris Hughton, to expansive football, this was his promise last summer. Shocking to watch the demise of a football team. The three who came up, away from home, so far Fulham, lost, Cardiff, lost, what now? Oh but the second season is so much more difficult.
How did Barnardo being dropped affect the half time score. Accept it. Back four nice and solid.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Bong, Bruno, Kayal, Gross - all made a big difference today compared to a week ago

Wolves fans were commenting before game how crap they were last week

Bloke walking down road at end shook my hand and said - well done mate, got the point you came for, see you next season etc

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have a day off. You're in the running for most hysterical poster along with Sussex Nomad. Almost as embarassing as the 'boring, boring' chants from a Wolves who are soon to forget they were doing the same just a short few years ago before they were bought out by a Chinese conglomerate..

Job done today. If you wanted any more then you are utterly delusional and don't understand our current situation.

A near Championshp team got us out of a hole today. One job left to do. Get behind the team and the management and ask the questions when safe.

This 100%.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bollocks. Every person I know who wanted him out still do so. Thankfully they aren't thick enough not to realise it was job done today, no matter how we did it.

This, CH's immediate future is to get the Albion to avoid relegation what happens after that is another chapter in our history.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes!

Potentially huge point. A hugely disciplined, hard working performance. If only we'd played with that discipline and work ethic in the last few home games we wouldn't be in such a dire position.
But it wasn't the work ethic that let us down in the last few games. In the last two, we were trying to attack, and hit on the break. Against SCC it was woeful dilly-dallying, but it wasn't a lack of work ethic. The only exception would be once we'd already gone a few behind against plucky Bournemouth.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where the **** was that kind of performance on Tuesday? That is what angers me.
On Tuesday we were pushing forward trying to win the game. So you'd rather we had just sat back at home to Cardiff?
Absolutely disgusting football but it’s what we had to do today.

If anything it reinforces why Hughton has to go
Eh? We did what we had to do, so should get rid of the manager?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
On Tuesday we were pushing forward trying to win the game. So you'd rather we had just sat back at home to Cardiff?
Eh? We did what we had to do, so should get rid of the manager?
Did you watch the game on Tuesday? The result is not the ****ing issue, the fact that we had some fight against wolves and not Cardiff, that's the issue. There was absolutely no fight on Tuesday, not once did I feel like they cared.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Take it but my god that was dreadful. Embarassed by that performance. Murray at the end pretty much summing it up with his ‘professionalism’.

Desperately hanging on for a point at a mid table team with nothing to play off and us not having any of the ball with absolutely no ambition to get a goal and win the match. I’m even more certain I want Hughton out after that, we are an utterly appalling side to watch.
We're short of confidence, can't score, and went to a top half side to grind out a draw. The plan isn't to provide that style of football in the future, but needs must.

Something has happened in the camp.
That was a fantastic performance now I don't usually buy into conspiracy theories but the Line up today and the signs of togetherness at the end says somthing very disruptive within the club has been delt with
Eh? They were together after the defeat against City, they're always together, but it's hardly surprising that they've been in a shitty mood following the recent home defeats. I'd be kinda annoyed if they'd been happy after the league losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here