Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Half time analysis (in my opinion): Shocking attempt to play negative football. Why was Bernardo dropped? Thank God Kayal is on the pitch. Why are we playing 6-3-1? Why did it take 34 minutes to even have more players in their half? Why am I cringing at the commentator and pundit (Matt Holland I think) literally mocking us? Why can't we do ball retention? What happened, as promised by Chris Hughton, to expansive football, this was his promise last summer. Shocking to watch the demise of a football team. The three who came up, away from home, so far Fulham, lost, Cardiff, lost, what now? Oh but the second season is so much more difficult.

Not really the time for expansive football though is it? Not against a team that’s much better at it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'll be delighted if we can get through the second half without conceding.

I'll be ecstatic if we can get through the second half without conceding AND we score a goal.

Unfortunately I have little confidence of the first happening and next to none for the second.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Wtf is wrong with Izzy, AJ, Locadia all awful and need shipping out.

Nothing is wrong with them, its just they do not fit the system currently. They're all attacking players.. what are they supposed to do when the only thing we don't do is attack? All decent players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see little shoots of confidence building defensively much more solid I’m hopeful we can get a point at least just need that little bit of luck

Exactly this, our confidence is so fragile that if we concede we’ll fold. It really is all about keeping it 0-0 and slowly, very slowly building the confidence.

There is some character coming out , the lack of which, has infuriated me so much over the last few games

Not pretty but much better :down:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Half time analysis (in my opinion): Shocking attempt to play negative football. Why was Bernardo dropped? Thank God Kayal is on the pitch. Why are we playing 6-3-1? Why did it take 34 minutes to even have more players in their half? Why am I cringing at the commentator and pundit (Matt Holland I think) literally mocking us? Why can't we do ball retention? What happened, as promised by Chris Hughton, to expansive football, this was his promise last summer. Shocking to watch the demise of a football team. The three who came up, away from home, so far Fulham, lost, Cardiff, lost, what now? Oh but the second season is so much more difficult.

Your hysterical nonsense is getting seriously tedious. You must be a bit thick to not see what we're trying to do here.

Every minute we don't concede, confidence builds. When we have some of that back we can start being more adventurous.

CH has a lot to answer for, but today he is doing exactly what I would do particularly against a team who are lethal on the counter.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Half time analysis (in my opinion): Shocking attempt to play negative football.

For balance, here is the HT analysis of someone who knows an awful lot more about football than you.

'Brighton have done their homework'
Wolves 0-0 Brighton

Chris Waddle
Ex-England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live:

“Wolves, as we expected, dominated possession but Brighton have done their homework and have been good at the back.

Wolves need more creativity in the final third. A draw would be massive result for Brighton.

Brighton's game plan is 'we do not lose this football match today'. If they get a chance on a set piece or counter attack from a bit of brilliance from somebody, they'll take it.”

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly this, our confidence is so fragile that if we concede we’ll fold. It really is all about keeping it 0-0 and slowly, very slowly building the confidence.

There is some character coming out , the lack of which, has infuriated me so much over the last few games

Not pretty but much better :down:

Risky strategy as you can concede without it being your fault.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone complaining that our football isn't attacking enough really needs to have a word with themselves.

We have no confidence, little in the way of attacking finesse amongst our ranks and playing away at a team that are currently 8th in the table.

At this point of the season the performance doesn't matter, the result is everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here