Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Never in doubt.
Much better defensive performance, much more Solid, lucky to get Kyack on early.
Hopefully this will instill a bit more confidence in the players at least defensively.
But let's face it to have to play like that really hurts, it felt like an FA Cup game with a village side playing Man City away and they came away with a draw.
Not that (for the rest of the season) it really matters
We need a point against Newcastle and we will be ok.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So as it stands, Cardiff need 3+ points. Assuming that we can take a Liverpool and United wins as given, then Cardiff will need a win and draw vs Palace and Fulham.

Tall order, thankfully.

& That assumes that we get nothing else for the rest of the season.

Certainly a slightly more reassuring position than we were in before today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Take it but my god that was dreadful. Embarassed by that performance. Murray at the end pretty much summing it up with his ‘professionalism’.

Desperately hanging on for a point at a mid table team with nothing to play off and us not having any of the ball with absolutely no ambition to get a goal and win the match. I’m even more certain I want Hughton out after that, we are an utterly appalling side to watch.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Exactly this, our confidence is so fragile that if we concede we’ll fold. It really is all about keeping it 0-0 and slowly, very slowly building the confidence.

There is some character coming out , the lack of which, has infuriated me so much over the last few games

Not pretty but much better :down:

Bit of resilience gives me hope we can do the beach dwelling geordies next week

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And that is satisfying? I guess we haven't shipped 7, and got a point, if we stay up things still need to change.

Everything on hold whilst we try and stay up. I am not expecting to do anything but bite my nails and pray for every game, but if the players keep putting in that much effort you won’t hear me complaining. Not a fan of Hughton’s style but he’s going nowhere so I’m behind him as long as the players are.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really pleased with that... excellent point... well done CH and team... brilliant work...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And that is satisfying? I guess we haven't shipped 7, and got a point, if we stay up things still need to change.

Sure but its potentially a vital point. Come on, it was ugly and defensive and agony to watch but we showed fight. Let's worry about changing things if and when we stay up - every ounce of effort from the players and us has to be getting over the line however ugly.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sure but its potentially a vital point. Come on, it was ugly and defensive and agony to watch but we showed fight. Let's worry about changing things if and when we stay up - every ounce of effort from the players and us has to be getting over the line however ugly.

I don't disagree, but it is embarrassing to watch us.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
That was a fantastic performance now I don't usually buy into conspiracy theories but the Line up today and the signs of togetherness at the end says somthing very disruptive within the club has been delt with

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Decent point in bad form and in hard conditions. Beat Newcastle and that will be enough

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Take it but my god that was dreadful. Embarassed by that performance. Murray at the end pretty much summing it up with his ‘professionalism’.

Desperately hanging on for a point at a mid table team with nothing to play off and us not having any of the ball with absolutely no ambition to get a goal and win the match. I’m even more certain I want Hughton out after that, we are an utterly appalling side to watch.

You can't have it both ways! You're saying Hughton must go but his tactics just earned us a point that could keep us up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That was brilliant.

Loving Chris Waddle morning about entertainment value on the radio.....who gives a shit, we got a point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here