Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Paul Ince
Former England midfielder on Final Score
Brighton look nervous and tentative.

They just keeping inviting Wolves onto them and then when they do get it, they've dropped so deep that they just can't get out

You don't like our only tactic Paul?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Paul Ince

They just keeping inviting Wolves onto them and then when they do get it, they've dropped so deep that they just can't get out
No wonder he can’t get a manager’s job, can he not see what we’re doing.

Hughton has send the lads out to do a job, which in the first half they’ve carried out to the letter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Im sorry but wtf is up with Izzy? freaking horrible first half. dead asleep on the defensive end too. if we aren't going to let the wingers attack, then why use them? Play a back 3 with two winger backs and play for the draw.

About 90 mins playing time in 5 months?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Im sorry but wtf is up with Izzy? freaking horrible first half. dead asleep on the defensive end too. if we aren't going to let the wingers attack, then why use them? Play a back 3 with two winger backs and play for the draw.

He has been awful and does not look interested. Might as well put Burn on the left wing

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agreed, and on the odd foray into oppsition half was quick to get back

Did you notice him talking to himself as he was preparing to come on, repeatedly saying 'don't cross the halfway line, or I'll get my pay docked!'

Instantly look better for having Kayal in the team .
As predicted by pretty much everyone on nsc

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Ince

Paul Ince that legendary football manager?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For all their slick movement have Wolves actually tested Ryan? 45 min + added time of the same, please.

Exactly.

Wolves are amazing at counter attacking when they have space; first priority, don’t give them any space and we haven’t. Plenty of posters are too simple to work that out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Half time analysis (in my opinion): Shocking attempt to play negative football. Why was Bernardo dropped? Thank God Kayal is on the pitch. Why are we playing 6-3-1? Why did it take 34 minutes to even have more players in their half? Why am I cringing at the commentator and pundit (Matt Holland I think) literally mocking us? Why can't we do ball retention? What happened, as promised by Chris Hughton, to expansive football, this was his promise last summer. Shocking to watch the demise of a football team. The three who came up, away from home, so far Fulham, lost, Cardiff, lost, what now? Oh but the second season is so much more difficult.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Awful to watch but needs must. Worries me that we don’t even pressure them when they’re 15-20 yards inside our half though... can just see one of Wolves’ more creative players picking off a pass to win it.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
This makes me angry not as an Albion, but a football fan. Our tactics are a slap in the face of the beautiful game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here