Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matty Ryan

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Strange that earlier in the season people were talking about other premier clubs chasing Matty.I wonder if on his current form he would attract much interest in the EPL?

D

Deleted member 2719

Seems a different keeper this year, needed dropping from Premier league games but yet another Hughton default position of NO CHANGE, Ryan is always put as number 1.
He is too cosy and needed shaking up, this all started when he got his place back after playing for Australia, he should have dropped down the list.
No one in the Premier can be looking at him on current form.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He used to make saves that he had no right to make, now they tend to fly past him.
He also doesn’t command his box as well as before.
Add him to the sorry list of those in decline....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whichever league or division we find ourselves in next year I would like to see us have Walton as back up to put pressure on Maty for the jersey rather than 2 keepers who are no where near as good and offer cover but not competition.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Another match day, another thread slagging off a player before a ball is kicked.

Think Maty is in the same situation as Dunk/Duffy and the rest of the back four .... we’ve relied on them too heavily all season long and it’s got to the stage where they are struggling.

The problem is the lack of time we have the ball and what we do with it, not the keeper and the defenders

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Another match day, another thread slagging off a player before a ball is kicked.

Think Maty is in the same situation as Dunk/Duffy and the rest of the back four .... we’ve relied on them too heavily all season long and it’s got to the stage where they are struggling.

The problem is the lack of time we have the ball and what we do with it, not the keeper and the defenders

My thread was not slagging off a player but posing a question.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
He used to make saves that he had no right to make, now they tend to fly past him.
He also doesn’t command his box as well as before.
Add him to the sorry list of those in decline....

He’s never commanded his box. Leaves that to D and D.
In fact has he ever caught a cross under pressure?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Surely we've done the whole squad now...... Who's next I wonder.

Lose as a team as we win as a team. Singling out individuals is pointless. Especially when we single out all of them individually.

Let's hope they can prove a few of our 'supporters' wrong this afternoon at Wolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seems a different keeper this year, needed dropping from Premier league games but yet another Hughton default position of NO CHANGE, Ryan is always put as number 1.
He is too cosy and needed shaking up, this all started when he got his place back after playing for Australia, he should have dropped down the list.

We all seem to have a default position :whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Surely we've done the whole squad now...... Who's next I wonder.

Lose as a team as we win as a team. Singling out individuals is pointless. Especially when we single out all of them individually.

Let's hope they can prove a few of our 'supporters' wrong this afternoon at Wolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could start on the catering ..oh hang on that’s been done

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Agree. His form has slipped, and the form of the entire team, since the Asia football tournament. What a waste of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here