Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] N.jones

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well when it is a squad game and the club is not winning regularly this will always happen. There is no right team selection. People go on about CH and who he selects but when they choose their team there are so many different selections. He has got his hands full there, a club with a lot of premier league history and a shortage of funds. I expect him to last until November at the latest.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Interesting that at Stoke there is some unrest at Nathan's selections/tactics.

With Opta stats like "Since Nathan Jones' first game in charge of Stoke City on January 12th, the club have scored the fewest goals (11), attempted the fewest shots (146) and attempted the fewest shots on target (36) in the Championship" I'm nit surprised, especially as there was a lot of naysayers in the first place - they were always going to air their views.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Well when it is a squad game and the club is not winning regularly this will always happen. There is no right team selection. People go on about CH and who he selects but when they choose their team there are so many different selections. He has got his hands full there, a club with a lot of premier league history and a shortage of funds. I expect him to last until November at the latest.

Club full of premier league primadonnas but absolutely no shortage of Bet365 money with which to clear them all out this summer and then build a squad in Nathan's image.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Get a full pre season in and have a clear out/new signings in, then judge him.
I've seen enough over 2 seasons to see that he has reached his limit with us. We need new energy. I wouldn't trust him with my money for team building.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
With Opta stats like "Since Nathan Jones' first game in charge of Stoke City on January 12th, the club have scored the fewest goals (11), attempted the fewest shots (146) and attempted the fewest shots on target (36) in the Championship"

The Brighton way!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Lots of people said the same about CH during his dire first few months. However given time and being allowed his own players he built one of the most enjoyable to watch championship sides. Sure jones will be able to do the same given a chance to rectify the massive issues they clearly have

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With Opta stats like "Since Nathan Jones' first game in charge of Stoke City on January 12th, the club have scored the fewest goals (11), attempted the fewest shots (146) and attempted the fewest shots on target (36) in the Championship" I'm nit surprised, especially as there was a lot of naysayers in the first place - they were always going to air their views.

Exactly....so its all a bit :shrug:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I've seen enough over 2 seasons to see that he has reached his limit with us. We need new energy. I wouldn't trust him with my money for team building.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This is about NJ not CH? Or am I missing something?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I think Nathan Jones is better than Stoke , he inherited the squad & that squad has shown its not good enough. At Luton he built the squad over a couple of seasons & its still performing under their new man. Nathan might suit us if we are relegated and CH gets the boot but I dont see him as good enough to manage in the prem yet.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Can tell he learnt well from Hughton

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think Nathan Jones is better than Stoke , he inherited the squad & that squad has shown its not good enough. At Luton he built the squad over a couple of seasons & its still performing under their new man. Nathan might suit us if we are relegated and CH gets the boot but I dont see him as good enough to manage in the prem yet.

He has been put in charge of a load of lazy ex Prem players. The football he taught at Luton is evidence of an attacking goal scoring one, not a defensive one. Jones would have already done his 5 mile run before the players get out of bed in the morning and he demands the same level of fitness from his players by setting this example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here