Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship life

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Norwich drawing with Massive on Sky, it reminds me of our QPR/Wolves/Wigan wins two years ago.

Forgetting the obsession with PL broadcasting income, there really is football life away from trying to nick a PL win every month or so, or getting rather excited because Eden Hazard of all people is in town.

We may stay up, but if we don’t, it’s not the end of football life as we know it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Championship life for the Albion, was games like away to QPR and Brentford, prior to promotion.
Cracking games and at atmosphere, together with less anxt.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Mega-Million-Annual-Loss League is a ticket to disaster.

Let's just stay up, Hughton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Watching Norwich drawing with Massive on Sky, it reminds me of our QPR/Wolves/Wigan wins two years ago.

Forgetting the obsession with PL broadcasting income, there really is football life away from trying to nick a PL win every month or so, or getting rather excited because Eden Hazard of all people is in town.

We may stay up, but if we don’t, it’s not the end of football life as we know it.

I don't remember it being too exciting one particular season in the championship :moo:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't remember it being too exciting one particular season in the championship :moo:

Definitely, loads of mundane trips, setbacks. An unpopular NSC view, but I was often bored by the Poyet/Garcia brand of football at the Amex.

But with a good squad and manager, a real chance of getting three points in any of the 46 fixtures.

By contrast in the PL, we (but not you, I’ve noticed! :smile:), see up and coming games at Stamford Bridge or Spuds as a loss before it’s happened, looking ahead to the next potential points a few weeks down the line. It’s a funny old division.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Definitely, loads of mundane trips, setbacks. An unpopular NSC view, but I was often bored by the Poyet/Garcia brand of football at the Amex.

But with a good squad and manager, a real chance of getting three points in any of the 46 fixtures.

By contrast in the PL, we (but not you, I’ve noticed! :smile:), see up and coming games at Arsenal or Spuds as a loss before it’s happened, looking ahead to the next potential points a few weeks down the line. It’s a funny old division.

Lol...I'm not always that positive....its just that 50 odd years of watching them has taught me to try (and not always succeed) the here and now.

PS a slight correction

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching Norwich v Massive we would comfortably loose to these far too rapid for our midfield.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
well,we're not going down

despite the hysteria on here

but I do agree with your sentiments

don't suppose Mr Bloom does though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills