Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation for the Albion is historic.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After beating Crystal Palace last month, the Sussex club were five points clear of the relegation zone with a game in hand. Since then they have lost all four of their league matches without scoring a single goal. After Tuesday night’s defeat to relegation rivals Cardiff City, they now find themselves just two points clear of the drop zone and with a daunting run-in, starting on Saturday at Wolves. Having not spent a single week in the bottom three all season - Cardiff have spent 17 - Brighton look as though they are sleepwalking towards relegation.

Sleepwalking into relegation: why history suggests Brighton are in big trouble

Well I suppose that's that then :shrug:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Get Kayal, Burn and Balougin in, they've not ****ed up yet

I certainly think they are worth considering. They must be wondering what they have done wrong to be overlooked during the last three dreadful performances.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff have got to get 3 points from somewhere, somehow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Playing away could be the key. There will not be collective groans around the stadium when the players make mistakes and misplace passes. There may be laughter from the home fans but just maybe the pressure won’t get to the players like it has in the last three home games. Keep Wolves at bay for 30 mins and the belief may start to come back. Go behind and I think we are fecked though.

Desperately hoping for a full blooded defiant and energetic game from the Albion, defence in depth and not conceding has to be the aim today.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Playing away could be the key. There will not be collective groans around the stadium when the players make mistakes and misplace passes. There may be laughter from the home fans but just maybe the pressure won’t get to the players like it has in the last three home games. Keep Wolves at bay for 30 mins and the belief may start to come back. Go behind and I think we are fecked though.

Desperately hoping for a full blooded defiant and energetic game from the Albion, defence in depth and not conceding has to be the aim today.

There’ll be groaning, just won’t be as obvious [emoji3525]Going behind is the big issue - the players, CH and fans know we’re ****ed as soon as that happens.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There’ll be groaning, just won’t be as obvious [emoji3525]Going behind is the big issue - the players, CH and fans know we’re ****ed as soon as that happens.

The players have to step up and be counted, none of this petty squabbling, just get on with it!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
200.gif

Capture.PNG

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I certainly think they are worth considering. They must be wondering what they have done wrong to be overlooked during the last three dreadful performances.

I do find it odd/contradictory that CH said many many times that he wanted competition for every position, and that recruitment was focused on that. He has mainly used that rotation in midfield/attack. I know the mantra is 'keep a settled defence' but it doesn't seem to have worked in the recent games. Now we need results desperately and I think it even less likely CH will opt for Burn, Balogun, Button rotation. CH sees the training, not us - but if those three are not capable of stepping in [not all three together] to give first choice defenders a break from the firing line, then that's poor recruitment or coaching.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been supporting the Albion about 41 years, therefore we've been up one more time than down. Although rock bottom for a fair amount of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here