Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Christan Walton defying MIGHTY Leeds

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone here know if Walton’s had a good season.

With every on target attempt flying past Ryan, I wonder if Walton could step up for us next season.

Didn’t have the best of times early season apparently, to the extent that he actually got dropped for a few games. Sounds like he’s turned it around though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

With every on target attempt flying past Ryan, I wonder if Walton could step up for us next season.

No he hasn’t. Was getting stick from fans, general criticism seemed to be around commanding the area.

Also got dropped for a few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Watched it on the match choice thing on Sky. While CW was ok, I wouldn’t say he was outstanding.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched it on the match choice thing on Sky. While CW was ok, I wouldn’t say he was outstanding.

Ah but he's not playing for the Albion.
So along with Knockaert, Kayal, Bruno and Gross (sorry Bong) he is gods gift to football and outstanding doesn't even begin to describe his abilities.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I can't remember the last time we played Sheffield United. Would love to do so in the Premier League next season. C'mon Christian!

Careful. Billy Sharp might exact his revenge on Lewis! I reckon he deserves at least a little clap for scoring the first professional goal at the Amex...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

At least he would come out and catch a cross every few games.
Has Matt Ryan ever caught a high ball under pressure in living memory, or even come out to punch clear?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Leeds lose out, and Sheffield United go up, will Ollie Norwood finally get the chance to play in the PL with the team he helped get promoted?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No he hasn’t. Was getting stick from fans, general criticism seemed to be around commanding the area.

Also got dropped for a few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always felt it’s a tough gig for keepers. There’s a lot more expectation than out field players. And a lot of that expectation centres on confidence and commanding your area...things which young people and early professionals can only develope with time and experience.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well done Christian, given Wigan's position that's one of the biggest matches of his life.

Leeds vs Villa as a play-off final would be a monster.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Wouldn’t mind having him back as our #2 next season ahead of Button and Steele, who I don’t rate at all.

That’s assuming we stay up of course. If we go down and Ryan leaves, we may as well give him a crack as he has more upside than our other options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here