Yes. Yes it is.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes it f.ucking well is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If we go down - it may take a long, long time to get a sniff at promotion again. I've been supporting the Albion for 22 years
and while the PL has it's flaws and down sides, the up sides are huge. So - yes it does matter.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
For the club yes as the business model will be built on maintaining the astronomical revenues from being in the premier league.

For fans we have seen the team up and down through the divisions so we just get on with it whatever division we are in. For me personally I just enjoy watching the Albion whoever the opposition are or what division we are in

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes, it could be disastrous for us. Not many clubs bounce straight back and many are languishing in the lower echelons of the Championship and below, do I want to see us mix it with the very best in the world in the best league in the world or with Championship dross?? Tough question.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Doesn't matter what league you play in really, whether you're Conference South down to Rymans, or Premier League down to Championship, relegation is a huge thing because you always want to play as high as you can, and you know it is so difficult to go back up again.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
What a stupid question, ask that when we're languishing in the bottom half of the Championship in front of 10k crowds

relegation would be awful but this scenario has no basis in our amex reality.

the idea we'd shed so many supporters by dropping is pure thickery.

we're not palace ffs

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
funnily asked myself the same question in 1983. Everyone will have a different view BUT some of our best days were 2-4 years ago. Personally I think we need to stay in this league for another few years yet and hopefully build on what we have not go with the job half(?) done.

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
Can't say I enjoy being the whipping boys of the Premier League. Much prefer the Championship, it's just more... fun. When I go to matches I like to be entertained - celebrate the goals and the wins. Looking back at this season, apart from Man U at home and the Palace games the enjoyment has been a bit thin on the ground.

Somehow the target of winning promotion to the prem is far more exciting than actually being there.

Ultimately most of us support the team whatever division they are in but if I had to choose I would prefer the Championship.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Already experienced 7 relegations, none have been fun and we have only bounced back immediately twice.

Best to be avoided

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For the club yes as the business model will be built on maintaining the astronomical revenues from being in the premier league.

For fans we have seen the team up and down through the divisions so we just get on with it whatever division we are in. For me personally I just enjoy watching the Albion whoever the opposition are or what division we are in

This.
I will be unconsolable if we get relegated - as I was unconsolable after the Middlesbrough game and the various playoff semi final defeats.
But when the new Season starts I will be excited to see what the new season brings.

For the club it will be a different story - there will be some very tough decisions to make.
Personally I think the club should focus on the academy and look to start developing our own talent.
Promotion from the Championship is a crap shoot. Gambling on making it is a recipe for financial ruin.
I want the club to become more self sufficient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here