Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water canons are the answer

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you genuinely cared about others you'd be more concerned by the tens of thousands of people dying from climate change, and the countless species being made extinct - not to mention the generations that follow us who will have to live with the damage we have done - than a handful of Londoners late for work.

So the fact that MILLIONS of others are not joining the protest but are being prevented from going about their normal daily business because of the opinions of a few hundred activists is OK with you?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Quite simply everything must change. Not a little change but a huge change to every aspect of our lives. If you have children or grandchildren you should be very very worried.

If you are that worried, perhaps you shouldn't have procreated.
Just an ever so slightly tongue in cheek remark, maybe.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Quite simply everything must change. Not a little change but a huge change to every aspect of our lives. If you have children or grandchildren you should be very very worried.

“So what have you done today to make you feel proud”

I suppose if they clean up after themselves, don’t chuck their rubbish in the Thames and use a bit of roll on deodorant we might have a chance. Do all the protesters cycle or walk to London? From Gloucester?? Or are they happy to use other polluting methods of transport?

Split the genuine protesters from the professional agitators/anarchists/militants and you might get my support.

Emma Thompson, come on, you want the best of both worlds

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
So the fact that MILLIONS of others are not joining the protest but are being prevented from going about their normal daily business because of the opinions of a few hundred activists is OK with you?
Obviously. "Prevented from going about their daily business" does not compare to the destruction of an ecosystem upon which all life relies.

Ah, I've just got it. You're on a wind up. Silly me. :blush:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm chuckling at the thought of TB setting up a water cannon outside the Amex players entrance and as CH arrives, blasting him at full power, out and over the A27.

But our chairman is a sinner.
How many times does he fly back and forth to Australia and other places .......just to play cards!
String him up; sackcloth and ashes for the shameless man!:lolol:

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Obviously. "Prevented from going about their daily business" does not compare to the destruction of an ecosystem upon which all life relies.

Please, blocking a bridge in London wont change anything. Unless India and China are on board there is no chance for change.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I might go up and feed the tree-huggers myself

As supremely selfless as that gesture would be, it's still likely to fall foul of those with vegan / vegetarian dietary requirements.

Cannabis? Yes.
Cannibalism? No.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Protesters may have a point - but then Emma Thompson turns up.

A smug, loaded, private jet user...hardly going to boost working class support.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The problem with these protestors is they need to convince the majority of ordinary, everyday people to believe in their cause, part of which will involve people making lasting changes to their lifestyles and maybe voting patterns in the future. The very people they are frustrating and angering are the ones they need to be on board going forward, in short it is a stupid strategy that alienates the very people their cause depends upon.

I support their purpose but not their methods which will, in my opinion, set their cause back a few steps.

could you tell us what your methods are?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Would be more impressed if they took this kind of action in the countries contributing most to the causes of global warming: China, US, India, Russia...

China, Russia and India would use more aggressive tactics to clear demonstrators !! The demonstrators would also have problems getting to certainly China or India. With Flight times of 12 and 9 hours... whereas they presumably walk/cycle !!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The majority are toffs having a jolly at half term, will all be over when they go back to Uni. Inconsiderate dickheads people have lost their jobs due to these wankers.

Personally couldn’t get to a job yesterday to repair a fire alarm, let’s hope a fire situation doesn’t happen over the weekend and lives are lost.

The protesters somehow will have blood on their hands due to their actions.

I know some folk involved in these actions. They are not 'toffs' and they all have jobs- except perhaps those who are retired.

Why not meet some yourself and stop getting drunk on media images.

I can see why The Sun is still in business.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Ahh, the I know better than you viewpoint. You’ve actually been on these protests have you? Actually given something up to help others to be enlightened? Or, as is more likely, you are pontificating about something that gives you a semi? A little bit of anti establishment, a chance to sound oh so fxxking holier than thou? Bet you get off on watching anti hunt sabs, but never actually having the balls to go yourself. Or like hiding behind police lines whilst shouting ‘fascists’ at people celebrating St George’s day.

But your viewpoint is oh so very much more important/valid/accurate than those of others? Righty oh. :tosser:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know some folk involved in these actions. They are not 'toffs' and they all have jobs- except perhaps those who are retired.

Why not meet some yourself and stop getting drunk on media images.

I can see why The Sun is still in business.
I live in London mate been putting up with the bullshit for days. They don’t even have an end game as I say twats on a jolly.

Some have lost their jobs because they can’t get to work, doubt your mates give a shit about them.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Climate change has happened across the history of this planet. We are exacerbating climate change. The only error is when the narrative states “Save the planet”. The planet will survive. The human race might struggle though.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Climate change has happened across the history of this planet. We are exacerbating climate change. The only error is when the narrative states “Save the planet”. The planet will survive. The human race might struggle though.

Surely not. I thought the Tories started it and it will finish if Labour get in

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some have lost their jobs because they can’t get to work,

Your friends have been fired because they could not get to work when there was a protest?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Thought Boris' canon were sold having never fired a shot in anger?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The question: How to rid London's streets of the idiot demonstrators? Giving them a bloody good soaking would very quickly send them packing. Boris had the right idea. Why they were never used I cannot understand. Alternatively, in the case of Waterloo Bridge for example, fence them in. A fence at either end of the bridge and no one is allowed in or out. No food, no potty breaks, no water. They'd pretty quickly lose interest. With so many good ideas, I really should be running the country.

Declare a climate and ecological emergency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2025 and create a citizens' assembly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here