Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water canons are the answer

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/25/gret...d-abused-adults-says-corbyns-brother-9315481/

Greta Thunberg is an ‘ignorant brainwashed child being abused by adults’, says Corbyn’s brother

Schoolgirl environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been described as suffering ‘mental abuse by manipulative adults’ by Jeremy Corbyn’s brother. Piers Corbyn, 72, is a climate change denier and adds that listening to Miss Thunberg, 16, was ‘deranged’ describing her as an ‘ignorant brainwashed child’. He tweeted a BBC News article about the teenager’s visit to the UK telling MPs they need to ‘listen to climate scientists’. He said: ‘Listening to an ignorant brainwashed child is deranged. I am an actual scientist of physics Meteorology, astrophysics and climate and say @GretaThunberg is wrong and suffers mental abuse by manipulative adults.’ Piers has previously claimed that climate change is a cover up to push up fuel prices and says global warming is a hoax. He called Extinction Rebellion protesters on Waterloo Bridge ‘deranged’ and staged a counter-protest with a banner calling carbon dioxide a ‘gas of life’

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/25/gret...d-abused-adults-says-corbyns-brother-9315481/

Greta Thunberg is an ‘ignorant brainwashed child being abused by adults’, says Corbyn’s brother

Schoolgirl environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been described as suffering ‘mental abuse by manipulative adults’ by Jeremy Corbyn’s brother. Piers Corbyn, 72, is a climate change denier and adds that listening to Miss Thunberg, 16, was ‘deranged’ describing her as an ‘ignorant brainwashed child’. He tweeted a BBC News article about the teenager’s visit to the UK telling MPs they need to ‘listen to climate scientists’. He said: ‘Listening to an ignorant brainwashed child is deranged. I am an actual scientist of physics Meteorology, astrophysics and climate and say @GretaThunberg is wrong and suffers mental abuse by manipulative adults.’ Piers has previously claimed that climate change is a cover up to push up fuel prices and says global warming is a hoax. He called Extinction Rebellion protesters on Waterloo Bridge ‘deranged’ and staged a counter-protest with a banner calling carbon dioxide a ‘gas of life’

But it’s 17 year olds that we shouldn’t listen to according to some!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:eek: makes some views here look tame.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some of the comments on here makes me worry for what the climate change deniers on here such as goldstone at al ,say to their children when they come to them with worries or concerns.

Let’s hope they’re not raising another generation of woefully ignorant fools. Kids believe anything their fathers say, no matter how daft.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Schoolgirl environmental activist Greta Thunberg has been described as suffering ‘mental abuse by manipulative adults’ by Jeremy Corbyn’s brother. Piers Corbyn, 72, is a climate change denier

Why should we give any credence to anything someone has to say beyond this point? As much respect as I have for Flat Earthers or people who think Elvis is still alive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The vitriolic hatred of young people on this board is both baffling and disturbing.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Some of the comments on here makes me worry for what the climate change deniers on here such as goldstone at al ,say to their children when they come to them with worries or concerns.

Let’s hope they’re not raising another generation of woefully ignorant fools. Kids believe anything their fathers say, no matter how daft.

What exactly are you worried about? According to you the human race will be extinct in a hundred years. Or was that just like the buxxshit used to sell Brexit?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The vitriolic hatred of young people on this board is both baffling and disturbing.

In fairness, young people are incredibly annoying regardless of generation. Like the t shirt states ‘parents, take advantage of your teenagers whilst they still know everything’

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really ! Please elucidate.

You stated we must pay a financial cost for services and products we benefit from.
I said we can benefit from services and products without 1% of the population having 45% of the wealth.

That's all.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What exactly are you worried about? According to you the human race will be extinct in a hundred years. Or was that just like the buxxshit used to sell Brexit?

I believe we should do as much as we can while we are here. You never know, a miracle may happen. But yes, certainly if we carry on as we are, we'll be extinct in a hundred years. Even if we have a serious go I doubt it will work. But we must try. Go out fighting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

To be fair, Piers Corbyn is genuinely deranged.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
You stated we must pay a financial cost for services and products we benefit from.
I said we can benefit from services and products without 1% of the population having 45% of the wealth.

That's all.

I think you have me confused with someone else. Those are not my words.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The you’re even more confused than I first thought.

If you can be arsed, go back to that brief conversation. You’ll see I’m right. I can explain it to you but unfortunately I can’t understand it for you.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you're not wrong, odd isnt it?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
D4_WaZaX4AUkahK.jpg

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005

If you can be arsed, go back to that brief conversation. You’ll see I’m right. I can explain it to you but unfortunately I can’t understand it for you.

Me confused! I suggest since you haven't checked earlier posts, I will make it easy for you. Start looking from approx post 240 onwards. Once you have done that I will happily let you explain it to me, or I will happily accept your apology for misquoting (paraphrasing).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Me confused! I suggest since you haven't checked earlier posts, I will make it easy for you. Start looking from approx post 240 onwards. Once you have done that I will happily let you explain it to me, or I will happily accept your apology for misquoting (paraphrasing).

It’s okay, I understood the first time it was all being posted.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005

It’s okay, I understood the first time it was all being posted.

I'm glad you understand it. So you accept that it wasn't me then, but are not big enough to admit you confused me with someone else's comments ? Does this say something ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here