Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water canons are the answer

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Well, the old USSR was a bit of a belcher of noxious substances ,wasn't it.

Your right.. Capitalism isn't exactly working either though. Well for us right now its fantastic.. but do you really think your children/grandchildren will thank us and previous generations? And the solution is what??

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
True but we need to do our bit. Just blaming others and carrying on is not the way. Get your own house in order and all that. Wouldn't it be great if we could lead on this for a change instead of being a broken little island.

I didn't say that.

I said It needs a global effort.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Severely limit population growth. It's the only answer. For a start this country should end child allowance. Why pay people to have kids?

Most western countries have a falling birth rate and are worried about who will finance future pensions. A ridiculous reason for having children!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your right.. Capitalism isn't exactly working either though. Well for us right now its fantastic.. but do you really think your children/grandchildren will thank us and previous generations? And the solution is what??

Quite. I simply cannot fathom the mindset of someone who doesn’t care what happens to their own children. Baffling.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For the climate change deniers, this graph is useful. It shows the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere (parts per million) over the past 400,000 years. Climate change has always been cyclical, as many argue, but just look at the last 70 years.

59547d770cc8453c28ce9e2e5bf7bf6d.jpg

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Still waiting ....

fcd900a8101b85775f095eb8ea45960c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to think he meant we’d be underwater already. Try reading it again.

We’ve already missed the tipping point and are probably too late, but we have to make an effort.

I think the Paris Agreement sets the “reverse” target as 2050, which is simply decades too late.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not too sure what this protest is really about when the UK energy is 30 % carbon free and growing.

Rampion Offshore Wind Farm is a good example of progress in the UK so these protests are preaching to the converted whilst solutions are already being sought and put into practice.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
How do we bring you along and get you to change then? Honest question for you and the other antis on this thread

I am not a denying that the problem is coming, I am sceptical to its severity and imminence. Honesty not patronisation, realism not idealism, facts not exaggeration. All of these would help to minimize the anti. But there also needs to be a realisation that what I believe to be two or three centuries away from being a ‘now’ issue really does not motivate me to travel less, experience less and see less when I probably will be gone by around 2050.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am not a denying that the problem is coming, I am sceptical to its severity and imminence. Honesty not patronisation, realism not idealism, facts not exaggeration. All of these would help to minimize the anti. But there also needs to be a realisation that what I believe to be two or three centuries away from being a ‘now’ issue really does not motivate me to travel less, experience less and see less when I probably will be gone by around 2050.

Do you have children?

As for imminence and severity, what reports have you read into the problem? Because you are wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, but I have no emotion for my great, great grandchildren, if they ever exist, who I will never meet. Just as my great, great grandfather had none for me.

Anyone under the age of about 30 will suffer from the effects of climate change. Or secondary effects such as the climate refugee influx.

Your grandchildren will be severely impacted.

But yeah, who cares!

As for imminence and severity, what reports have you read into the problem? Because you are wrong.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
If the answer is 'water cannons' I presume the question is 'what would be the worst way to disperse a peaceful protest?'.

Anyway, carry on.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone under the age of about 30 will suffer from the effects of climate change. Or secondary effects such as the climate refugee influx.

Based on that model, the new study's authors figured out a potential "point of no return": the year 2035, unless the share of renewables were to start growing by 2% a year before then.

That's an ambitious number, considering that from the late 1990s to 2017 (in about 20 years), the percentage of energy from renewables only grew a total of 3.6%.

https://www.businessinsider.com/global-warming-point-of-no-return-temperature-2018-8?r=US&IR=T

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Your grandchildren will be severely impacted.

But yeah, who cares!

But according to you the human race will be extinct in 100 years anyway?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But according to you the human race will be extinct in 100 years anyway?

So it's okay if people/your family suffer before then?

I take it you haven't read any legit reports then? Just heard a bit on the news, thought "Nah, probably rubbish" and dismissed it as scaremongering. Like so, so many others.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
For the climate change deniers, this graph is useful. It shows the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere (parts per million) over the past 400,000 years. Climate change has always been cyclical, as many argue, but just look at the last 70 years.

59547d770cc8453c28ce9e2e5bf7bf6d.jpg

Everyone still not realising the huge METHANE Elephant in the room.. when that gets released from the permafrost everything speeds up. I can understand that the whole subject of climate change isn't exactly riveting reading but the level of stupidity and assumption its all fake is staggering.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2785/unexpected-future-boost-of-methane-possible-from-arctic-permafrost/

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

What reports have you read that leads you to the conclusion that it's all exaggeration? Genuinely interested.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What reports have you read that leads you to the conclusion that it's all exaggeration? Genuinely interested.

No, you are not genuinely interested, you are behaving like TAT. I read/listen/study to media stories/reports, I do not make myself out to be a guru on the subject (unlike you ‘the human race will be extinct in 100 years’). I then come to a conclusion based upon what I have seen/read/ heard. Exactly what you do I would imagine, except that you possibly read complete thesis rather than just the bits in the press. You do realise that most of these thesis are from so called experts being paid by an interested party?

But hey, you obviously know better, like TAT.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the answer is 'water cannons' I presume the question is 'what would be the worst way to disperse a peaceful protest?'.

Anyway, carry on.

If the answer is water “canons” I thought the question was “What could I type which will make me appear illiterate as well as a stereotypical unimaginative tiresome right wing dullard who snipes from the fringes and doesn’t have the wit or bottle to take their argument to the opponent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here