Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Water canons are the answer

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Fabulous. Really does describe the kind of idiot involved in these demonstrations.

The level of stupidity of people who are not paying attention to what's happening to nature and the climate is incredible. How about changing narrative to this..

In 30 seasons the club won't exist!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The level of stupidity of people who are not paying attention to what's happening to nature and the climate is incredible. How about changing narrative to this..

In 30 seasons the club won't exist!

The tragedy is that these fools are probably bringing up a whole new generation of people whom have adopted their moronic outlook on life.
Perhaps child licenses are worth exploring again.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As you cannot be bothered to even read about the subject much less appreciate the serious shit humanity has put itself into I will leave you with 2 facts..

Every year humans consume more than the planet can produce.. this is called Overshoot Day and last year it was August 1st. Every year it reduces.
https://www.overshootday.org/newsroom/press-release-july-2018-english/

The current world population of 7.6 billion and is expected to reach 8.6 billion in 2030, 9.8 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100. Taking into account resource consumption and an increasing world population do you really think doing nothing is an option?

Call protesters feral if you want but the fact is that humans are changing natural order and feeding climatic change. If you think its all ok then you truly are an idiot.

The planet will still be here, the human race maybe not. But to effect change you need to take the majority with you, not alienate them.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
The planet will still be here, the human race maybe not. But to effect change you need to take the majority with you, not alienate them.

Totally agree. Letter writing hasn't changed anything. The problem is poor education and people not reading enough in the right places. The other issue is that people don't realise that they cannot bury their head in the sand waiting for others to sort it out. Worst of all are those who think its all so far away that they will be dead by the time the real changes arrive. To affect real change means people making changes to their own live choices now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You will never get the majority on your side on climate change.
It needs to be enshrined in and enforced by law.
But a few people make a lot of money from the status quo combined with the fact that the majority of people on earth are thick, selfish pricks.
It will never change.

I agree that the protest is pointless. The human race is totally ****ed beyond repair now. Probably have about two more generations of relatively normal life, then about 3 or 4 generations of hell on earth before total extinction.
Humans will be extinct in a hundred years. It’s a shame we took 97% of all species with us.
Earth will be a far, far better place without us. We are awful creatures.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Totally agree. Letter writing hasn't changed anything. The problem is poor education and people not reading enough in the right places. The other issue is that people don't realise that they cannot bury their head in the sand waiting for others to sort it out. Worst of all are those who think its all so far away that they will be dead by the time the real changes arrive. To affect real change means people making changes to their own live choices now.

Effect, affect, fair point.

And I will be dead before the real disaster occurs as humanity will find measures to minimise disruption as time goes by. The real problems will be felt by generations further down the line.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The majority of people on earth are thick, selfish pricks.

But you are no doubt somehow better than the majority of people, really?

Humans will be extinct in a hundred years.

Possibly the most inaccurate comment in this thread. I do not suggest that humans can forever disregard their impact upon the planet, but they will make advances in technology and practices that minimise the problems that are coming. But people suggesting a 100 year timeline is why many others switch off.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And I will be dead before the real disaster occurs as humanity will find measures to minimise disruption as time goes by. The real problems will be felt by generations further down the line.

The deadly “somebody will sort something” attitude. Oh dear.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Possibly the most inaccurate comment in this thread. I do not suggest that humans can forever disregard their impact upon the planet, but they will make advances in technology and practices that minimise the problems that are coming. But people suggesting a 100 year timeline is why many others switch off.

No. You’re wrong. I am selfish prick. I just acknowledge it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Somebody will sort something, eh! Thank goodness.
It doesn’t matter whether people switch off.
It’s irreversible now. Damage is done. Humans are over.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Somebody will sort something, eh! Thank goodness.
It doesn’t matter whether people switch off.
It’s irreversible now. Damage is done. Humans are over.

Well if that really is the case let’s party now!

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017

Which makes doing nothing now beyond selfish. It also makes those who deny/refuse to do anything or try to affect change complicit in the end of humanity. Too many say its fake news or that climate change is normal. Well yes climate change is normal BUT not at the rate its happening now.

If you have children then its your own future generations that will pay for the selfishness of today

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s my personal belief that humans will have wiped ourselves out through nuclear warfare within 10 years anyway. It’s the way we’re headed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How do we bring you along and get you to change then? Honest question for you and the other antis on this thread

You can’t, they will never change, you just have to hope there is too few of them to matter, although when one of them gets elected to the White House, it is a worry.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You will never get the majority on your side on climate change.
It needs to be enshrined in and enforced by law.
But a few people make a lot of money from the status quo combined with the fact that the majority of people on earth are thick, selfish pricks.
It will never change.

I agree that the protest is pointless. The human race is totally ****ed beyond repair now. Probably have about two more generations of relatively normal life, then about 3 or 4 generations of hell on earth before total extinction.
Humans will be extinct in a hundred years. It’s a shame we took 97% of all species with us.
Earth will be a far, far better place without us. We are awful creatures.

I think this is a decent summary and probably not far wrong. I am also a selfish prick.

It's why I think protesting by shutting down airports and public transport is futile and the wrong way to go about it.
We need to change how a few billion people live their lives, it's not going to happen. The only way is to legislate against the worst polluters and to develop clean technologies.

They should be targeting parliament. If a million people turned up rather than a few thousand the decision makers might take a bit more notice.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
How do we bring you along and get you to change then? Honest question for you and the other antis on this thread

Unfortunately capitalism means mass consumption and profits. The measure of a country is GDP which is at odds with what the planet can ultimately provide. It's impossible for a country to grow exponentially because the planet has finite resources. There is No Planet B as they say.. So ultimately the question of our present day life and luxuries is at what point do we adapt and change the way we live OR do we do nothing (as the climate change deniers suggest) and just wait for the end hoping it doesn't happen in our lifetimes.

Mass deforestation, mass extinctions, our oceans being poisoned by plastics/pollutants are all ok according to some. The really scary thing which is often forgotten about is methane trapped in the permafrost. When that gets released it will turbocharge the rises in temperature.

Like Flat Earthers, climate change deniers live in a world of stupidity.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Severely limit population growth. It's the only answer. For a start this country should end child allowance. Why pay people to have kids?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Unfortunately capitalism means mass consumption and profits. The measure of a country is GDP which is at odds with what the planet can ultimately provide. It's impossible for a country to grow exponentially because the planet has finite resources. There is No Planet B as they say.. So ultimately the question of our present day life and luxuries is at what point do we adapt and change the way we live OR do we do nothing (as the climate change deniers suggest) and just wait for the end hoping it doesn't happen in our lifetimes.

Mass deforestation, mass extinctions, our oceans being poisoned by plastics/pollutants are all ok according to some. The really scary thing which is often forgotten about is methane trapped in the permafrost. When that gets released it will turbocharge the rises in temperature.

Like Flat Earthers, climate change deniers live in a world of stupidity.

Well, the old USSR was a bit of a belcher of noxious substances ,wasn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here