Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We Go Again

el punal

Come on boys, just get something at Wolves tomorrow. Three points, even one point will do, and put a happy end to the most miserable week we loyal fans have had for years. We may have slagged you all off, justifiably, but we still love you and want you to succeed. Remember, we’re all in this together. :albion2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2 draws in the next 5, will likely put us in the same position as 1 win if we keep the GD better than Cardiff. Whether we are 4 points or 5 points above them, they will need 2 wins, a win and a draw wouldn't be enough.

Even a point, changes the dynamic of them needing to at least win one of their last 4.

I think we all believed the reality of our situation hit home with the Southampton defeat, then the hammering at Bournemouth, surely we realised by the time Cardiff bowled up.

But sports psychology is a funny beast. Perhaps the players mentally even though it seems obvious we are in the shit, haven't properly realised it, I mean deep down accepted it. I know it seems obvious, but that is why the mental side of the game is so complicated. It's why Sports Psychology is now a multi million pound business.

We just have to hope Cardiff really was the final shock to the system that it's not going to just happen, that they are going to have to dig so deep, individually and collectively to get out of this.

I'm reminded by Fulham in 2008, they won twice in 21 fixtures from mid November to going into their last 5 games. They lost 1-3 at home to Sunderland, with their GD they were 7 points from safety. They won 4 of their last 5, they'd only won 4 in 33 games, they had just 24 points!

How did they do that? Who knows. You can credit Hodgson, but he was appointed late December, prior to the last 5 games his record was P14 W2 D4 L8.

We need a bit of that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Come on boys, just get something at Wolves tomorrow. Three points, even one point will do, and put a happy end to the most miserable week we loyal fans have had for years. We may have slagged you all off, justifiably, but we still love you and want you to succeed. Remember, we’re all in this together. :albion2:

This. Will mean Cardiff need a win and a draw which puts the pressure on them even more.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
The business end of the season always throws up unexpected results. Despite how poor we've been I still live in hope that we might grab a win or two somewhere, however unlikely that seems.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Spuds will play a weak side we will win and Colin will combust. Happened to him when at Sheffield Utd Liverpool played kids against Fulham I think and lost sending SU down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Up to the players whether they want to still be PL players next season. For most of them, this is the only chance they're ever likely to get. If that's not motivation enough, don't know what is :shrug:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
2 draws in the next 5, will likely put us in the same position as 1 win if we keep the GD better than Cardiff. Whether we are 4 points or 5 points above them, they will need 2 wins, a win and a draw wouldn't be enough.

Even a point, changes the dynamic of them needing to at least win one of their last 4.

I think we all believed the reality of our situation hit home with the Southampton defeat, then the hammering at Bournemouth, surely we realised by the time Cardiff bowled up.

But sports psychology is a funny beast. Perhaps the players mentally even though it seems obvious we are in the shit, haven't properly realised it, I mean deep down accepted it. I know it seems obvious, but that is why the mental side of the game is so complicated. It's why Sports Psychology is now a multi million pound business.

We just have to hope Cardiff really was the final shock to the system that it's not going to just happen, that they are going to have to dig so deep, individually and collectively to get out of this.

I'm reminded by Fulham in 2008, they won twice in 21 fixtures from mid November to going into their last 5 games. They lost 1-3 at home to Sunderland, with their GD they were 7 points from safety. They won 4 of their last 5, they'd only won 4 in 33 games, they had just 24 points!

How did they do that? Who knows. You can credit Hodgson, but he was appointed late December, prior to the last 5 games his record was P14 W2 D4 L8.

We need a bit of that.

I saw something, maybe on here, where a sports psychologist criticised the fact the team had to watch the 5-0 drubbing the next day. He said he would have shown the victory against Palace instead. Seems to make perfect sense to me to push a positive mindset rather than negative one.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Let's face reality, Albion have had more lives than a proverbial cat.
We'll be fine and stay in the PL, only to fight for survival next season.
I can honestly say that if NSC were a political party, we've got more left and rights than fat boxer.
Lefties wanting Chris Hughton out, and the far right wanting him to stay.
Then theres the neutral element, but they'll always leave 5 mins before end of thread, due to splinters.
I don't care how Chris Hughton does it with the remaining games, just as long as we stay up. :wave:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I saw something, maybe on here, where a sports psychologist criticised the fact the team had to watch the 5-0 drubbing the next day. He said he would have shown the victory against Palace instead. Seems to make perfect sense to me to push a positive mindset rather than negative one.

I thought the players would have to watch every single match tbh and am shocked that they don't. There needs to be a postmortem on every game so no wonder we end up repeating the same errors and bad decisions.

There is so much to learn from watching your own team play to identify the good, bad and the ugly in others and yourself which can be resolved in reviewing the game and discussing important moments.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I thought the players would have to watch every single match tbh and am shocked that they don't. There needs to be a postmortem on every game so no wonder we end up repeating the same errors and bad decisions.

There is so much to learn from watching your own team play to identify the good, bad and the ugly in others and yourself which can be resolved in reviewing the game and discussing important moments.

I think they probably do dissect all the games shortly afterwards. However I am sure if at some point before Cardiff they were reminded of a match where things went well then it may have changed the teams mindset and confidence

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here