Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maundy Thursday

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How are you celebrating Maundy Thursday? I know traditionally it is a day for doing good deeds and hadning out money, clothing and food to the poor.

I see HRH The Queen :bowdown: has got into the spirit by giving 93p to some less well off pensioners and as a gesture of goodwill to her Majesty they have presented her with some nose gays.

So what are you doing to celebrate/honour the big day?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We had a long lunch and are having an early finish, as is apparently tradition here.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A few years back, I was in Salisbury cathedral and, by chance, Brenda was there handing out the Maundy money. There was amazingly little security or fuss, we just strolled in

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Been at work. Loads happening at the moment. In fact it's just another Manic Maundy.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
In a hours time we will be taking our first swim in the sea , sadly the sea temp is only 12 but it's a balmy 20 degrees here in stunning beautiful exotic Borth

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've celebrated Maundy Thursday by getting called just after midnight last night as a main production server had gone down. Ended up working until about 2am to get it back running, grabbed a few hours kip and have spent the rest of today trying to clear up all the shit it caused. :down:

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm supporting three local businesses, the pub, the curry house and taxi firm, it's the least I could do.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Following the Europa League matches and hopefully a winner or two on my bets.

Dries Mertens first goal (9/2) Napoli v Arsenal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How are you celebrating Maundy Thursday? I know traditionally it is a day for doing good deeds and hadning out money, clothing and food to the poor.

I see HRH The Queen :bowdown: has got into the spirit by giving 93p to some less well off pensioners and as a gesture of goodwill to her Majesty they have presented her with some nose gays.

Damn. I was expecting you to post Maunday Thursday's most famous adherent. A saucy nun, or something. Sigh.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
In a hours time we will be taking our first swim in the sea , sadly the sea temp is only 12 but it's a balmy 20 degrees here in stunning beautiful exotic Borth

Nice spot. Presume you go to the big beach and dunes up at Ynyslas?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm still in Mauning after the Cardiff game.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Crodo, you have disappointed me. I thought you kept up to date with Her Majesty. This year the Maundy money is a £5 coin to commemorate 200 years since Queen Victoria was born.

The number 93 relates to the number of people chosen to receive the money, one for each year of the Queen's age.
Must do better :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Following the Europa League matches and hopefully a winner or two on my bets.

Dries Mertens first goal (9/2) Napoli v Arsenal.

Don't bet, silly.

???

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Crodo, you have disappointed me. I thought you kept up to date with Her Majesty. This year the Maundy money is a £5 coin to commemorate 200 years since Queen Victoria was born.

The number 93 relates to the number of people chosen to receive the money, one for each year of the Queen's age.
Must do better :)

I follow Her Majestys official twitter avidly and am merely passing on what she tweeted....

he money in the White Purse includes 1, 2, 3 and 4 silver penny pieces, the sum equals the number of years of the Monarch’s age.

This year the purse will equal 93p as Her Majesty turns 93 on Sunday! HRH's generosity knows no bounds #ladyofthepeople pic.twitter.com/fvkuaPjuNB
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) April 18, 2019

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here