Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Come off it you know we can't go down if you do the maths....

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, it's true Hughton doesn't realise Brighton do actually have good finishers and brought in strikers who are good enough but aren't getting enough service from the team. There was a point in the season where we couldn't stop scoring for a few games.

BUT..... looking at the fixtures there is almost no chance Cardiff will get any points from two of the games (Liverpool and Man U). Then to have any chance they have to WIN BOTH of their other two games to get to 37 points and give them a chance.

I say Cardiff need 37 points because in FIVE GAMES Brighton must at least get 3 points (any win will do or even three draws). In fact, Brighton might even win against Wolves on Saturday and that means it is as good as all over for Cardiff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Truthsayer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, it's true Hughton doesn't realise Brighton do actually have good finishers and brought in strikers who are good enough but aren't getting enough service from the team. There was a point in the season where we couldn't stop scoring for a few games.

BUT..... looking at the fixtures there is almost no chance Cardiff will get any points from two of the games (Liverpool and Man U). Then to have any chance they have to WIN BOTH of their other two games to get to 37 points and give them a chance.

I say Cardiff need 37 points because in FIVE GAMES Brighton must at least get 3 points (any win will do or even three draws). In fact, Brighton might even win against Wolves on Saturday and that means it is as good as all over for Cardiff.
      2 wins and 2 draws in 13 games this year..............and performances deteriorating. We'll need a real stroke of luck to get anything
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think that Cardiff will drop points from their 2 winnable games ie Fulham and Palace. Palace are better away than at home. If they draw 1 game it will be sufficient for us unless of course it is against Liverpool or United.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Truthsayer View Post

I might be more sympathetic toward your scenario if we had made a change this week. New faces on the training ground, slight tweaking of tactics, something a little bit different, bit more smiling around the place etc. Players spirits lifted and confidence starting to seep back in. Weight lifted off their shoulders, a run-in to look forward to.
      Without change what is going to change? Unless we manage some 0-0 draws ( highly unlikely given the number of mistakes we make ) we need to create chances, have efforts on goal and actually score some goals! ( check recent record......not promising is it )
      If we stay up, it is more likely that it will be due to Cardiff's own shortcomings, not our own efforts across the last 5 games. In fact, it is more likely that we will lose all five as opposed to the winning one or drawing three scenario.

1 Not allowed!
      There is no such word as can't. We can hope but nothing is sure.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I think playing a couple of away games with limited expectations might actually do the team good.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      I think that Cardiff will drop points from their 2 winnable games ie Fulham and Palace. Palace are better away than at home. If they draw 1 game it will be sufficient for us unless of course it is against Liverpool or United.
      Palace play better away if they are allowed to counter attack sides with a lot of attacking intent. Warnock won't play like that. It will be tight and ugly. In your face. Incremental gains upfield like a rugby match. Lots of broken up play. Long throws and time-wasting. Palace won't be allowed to find any rhythm. Wilf will get no space. Be similar at Fulham.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      2 wins and 2 draws in 13 games this year..............and performances deteriorating. We'll need a real stroke of luck to get anything
      0.61 points per game so if we maintain that form we can take 3 points over the next five games. However, as you said... performances are deteriorating.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Despite everything, I still think we're capable of just 4 more points. Draw at Wolves and a win against Newcastle. Then we can all just f@cking relax for a bit.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      I’m inclined to agree all the sides Cardiff have left are excellent counter attackers with any luck 2 draws will do for us just struggling to see where they’ll come from