Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 2019/20 new shirts thread

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It will generate them a lot of goodwill from West Ham fans, pleased that they have permitted this to happen.

Additionally, given how unusual sponsor-less shirts are, Betway may well receive more publicity this way than they would by being on the shirt, in the way we are talking about it right now!

West Ham won a fair few games in 2019 therefore the owners are absolutely fine and don't need any goodwill.

Sorry I misread your post.
The point still stands, just not here :lol:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Almost certainly nowt to do with the Arsenal sponsorship tho eh? Far more likely to do with this...

'Visit Rwanda said in a press release on Tuesday that British visitors grew 21 per cent in 2017 to “over 16,000”, of a total 1.2 million tourist arrivals. It cited a thrice-weekly direct flight launched last year by RwandAir between London Gatwick and Kigali, the Rwandan capital, as one of the reasons behind the growth.'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Aye. Think it's a law which says betting companies can't be promoted on youth shirts,

It is a rather IRONIC ruling that, in that whilst many adults would welcome to chance to have a shirt without an ugly sponsor's logo, most kids (in my experience) would be massively disappointed to be lumbered with a shirt that wasn't a 'proper' replica of what the players are wearing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That looks like something Scunthorpe would wear.

More a throwback to the West Ham shirts of the late 1970s maybe?

4215baedc5e205b7808c8da3ef800e35.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Almost certainly nowt to do with the Arsenal sponsorship tho eh? Far more likely to do with this...

'Visit Rwanda said in a press release on Tuesday that British visitors grew 21 per cent in 2017 to “over 16,000”, of a total 1.2 million tourist arrivals. It cited a thrice-weekly direct flight launched last year by RwandAir between London Gatwick and Kigali, the Rwandan capital, as one of the reasons behind the growth.'

Probably not, no. But also probably the reason WHY it ended up on the Arsenal sleeve.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My word. Nike really are rubbish at sports kit. Take a look at Roland Garros and you will see some of the worst Nike tennis kit I have ever seen. Talk about bananas in pyjamas!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
My word. Nike really are rubbish at sports kit. Take a look at Roland Garros and you will see some of the worst Nike tennis kit I have ever seen. Talk about bananas in pyjamas!

You're not wrong, this is Barca's new PJ's.

6-barca-home-19-20.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Honestly, I have had better tee shirt and boxer sets for night wear than those poor sods are having to wear on court in Paris. The sooner we can get rid of these jokers, the better.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Raising a few chuckles at James college at University of York where the £26 is there 2nd strip. According to Depor junior who plays for James college it was picked for its gaudy appearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played for James when I was at York :) good times. We never had an away kit though!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm not cool, and certainly not young, but I really like it too!

I'm a bit of a stickler for tradition, and seeing Barca swap their stripes for a checked shirt just looks wrong.

I would be HORRIFIED if we did the same and trotted out in blue and white checks. We'd look like a load of tablecloths.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm a bit of a stickler for tradition, and seeing Barca swap their stripes for a checked shirt just looks wrong.

I would be HORRIFIED if we did the same and trotted out in blue and white checks. We'd look like a load of tablecloths.

True enough, although we have broken with tradition a few times ourselves, changing from stripes into just a plain blue shirt being the most recent example back in the 1980's. Glad it didn't last long though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here