[Football] 2019/20 new shirts thread

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
New Ipswich kits

3cbca5ffde724c48cadc4e9606024c9b.jpg

Good grief. It was embarrassing enough when Championship Palace played in a mock-Barcelona kit. League One Ipswich, even more so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ng8be519o7jjzcvtbiqf

State of that. Genuinely vile. Gaudy, classless, migraine-inducing red and blue jester stripes, it has to be the WORST colour combo in the entire league. And all topped off with that utter mess of a sponsor. What an absolute dogs dinner of a shirt.

Its like something designed by an over-enthusiastic 6 year old with a new set of crayons, dutifully pinned to a fridge door by a weary parent, but then quietly removed, screwed up and binned once they've gone to bed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
ng8be519o7jjzcvtbiqf

State of that. Genuinely vile. Gaudy, classless, migraine-inducing red and blue jester stripes, it has to be the WORST colour combo in the entire league. And all topped off with that utter mess of a sponsor. What an absolute dogs dinner of a shirt.

Its like something designed by an over-enthusiastic 6 year old with a new set of crayons, dutifully pinned to a fridge door by a weary parent, but then quietly removed, screwed up and binned once they've gone to bed.

Far be it for me (or anyone, frankly) to stick up for the jolly jestermen, but in truth this shirt is a huge improvement on their previous effort. Admittedly the bar was set extremely low, but at least this one looks like somebody has actually designed it rather than just smashing it together. In their horrid colour scheme, the white trim looks way less trashy than the yellow, so that is a big improvement.

The final effect is reminiscent of 2014/15's (deeply unpopular) Bayern kit.

Bayern-Munich-2014-2015-adidas-Home-Football-Shirt-Kit-Header.jpg

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Far be it for me (or anyone, frankly) to stick up for the jolly jestermen, but in truth this shirt is a huge improvement on their previous effort. Admittedly the bar was set extremely low, but at least this one looks like somebody has actually designed it rather than just smashing it together. In their horrid colour scheme, the white trim looks way less trashy than the yellow, so that is a big improvement.

The final effect is reminiscent of last season's (deeply unpopular) Bayern kit.

Sorry, but red and blue stripes is just a dismal, dreadful loud combo. Whatever shirt design they cobble together, unless you are colour blind it just screams THIS IS NAFF.

Barcelona have the right idea. They recognise exactly how nauseating pillarbox red and royal blue stripes truly are, so they always turn the contrast down a few notches to a less gaudy deep rouge and darker blue. It HAS to be done. Otherwise - Palace is the vomit-inducing result.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

The final effect is reminiscent of 2014/15's (deeply unpopular) Bayern kit.

View attachment 110098

The new West Ham kit is supposed to ark back to the traditional one, I'm led to believe?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That Arsenal home shirt is amazing. The away one though? Such a missed opportunity!

bit of a tangent, but I wonder about the value of some of these advertising deals.

How many people see 'Visit Rwanda' on the sleeve of an Arsenal shirt, and think "Oh. That's a great idea." and head straight for the travel agent?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
bit of a tangent, but I wonder about the value of some of these advertising deals.

How many people see 'Visit Rwanda' on the sleeve of an Arsenal shirt, and think "Oh. That's a great idea." and head straight for the travel agent?

I think you'd be surprised. It might not do it by itself but there has been quite a push for Rwanda as a holiday destination recently and it fits in as part of that. I'd love to go.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Weird, I had this conversation last week. I think it's more "oh Rwanda is a place people go now" as much as anything else.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I think I'm more likely to visit Rwanda than JD Sports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here