Absolute village.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
2019 20 UNSPONSORED AWAY SHIRT.png

New West Ham away shirt (mighty fine anyway) is available with or without sponsor.

Good for casual wear too.

10/10.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
New West Ham away shirt (mighty fine anyway) is available with or without sponsor.

Good for casual wear too.

10/10.

Agreed - I could see that as being a massive hit with Hammers' fans.

The long-sleeved variant is also very nice indeed.

5032-871.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They must have cut Betway a massive deal to be able to offer the shirt without the sponsor. I really wish we had Umbro...

Aye. Think it's a law which says betting companies can't be promoted on youth shirts, but this is a surprise. Overcomes religious as well as ethical concerns.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
They must have cut Betway a massive deal to be able to offer the shirt without the sponsor. I really wish we had Umbro...

It's an interesting one. Does the sponsor get involved more because of the high-level exposure (TV, print coverage, official club merch) or the lower-level stuff (kids in the park, fans in the crowd)? I'm guessing it's predominantly the former, so might not be that much of an issue...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Aye. Think it's a law which says betting companies can't be promoted on youth shirts, but this is a surprise. Overcomes religious as well as ethical concerns.

It's an interesting one. Does the sponsor get involved more because of the high-level exposure (TV, print coverage, official club merch) or the lower-level stuff (kids in the park, fans in the crowd)? I'm guessing it's predominantly the former, so might not be that much of an issue...

It will generate them a lot of goodwill from West Ham fans, pleased that they have permitted this to happen.

Additionally, given how unusual sponsor-less shirts are, Betway may well receive more publicity this way than they would by being on the shirt, in the way we are talking about it right now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here