Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Waiting List cut in half if we drop divisions.

Apr 2, 2019
Brighton
So, how many people are on the season ticket waiting list (STWL) at this moment in time? I would be interested to see if the figures drastically change if we do drop to the second-tier in English football.

Will they drop our yearly payment if we go down? It has only been going up around my way, Lower West. UTA

:bhasign:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They're the lucky ones.

There's 23,000 or so of us committed to a season ticket next year, with no escape. Well, not one that doesn't involve litigation from the club anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, how many people are on the season ticket waiting list (STWL) at this moment in time? I would be interested to see if the figures drastically change if we do drop to the second-tier in English football.

Will they drop our yearly payment if we go down? It has only been going up around my way, Lower West. UTA

:bhasign:

Yes it will

No they won't (also WSL)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They're the lucky ones.

There's 23,000 or so of us committed to a season ticket next year, with no escape. Well, not one that doesn't involve litigation from the club anyway.

As Barber would say - We’re in it Together!
How the hell he got away with getting people to renew before they knew what they were purchasing I will never know.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Every cloud...with the plastics removed, could the north be re shuffled to get all the noisey ones united in the middle perhaps? I still think we’d need to go down to L1 to enable that mind

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As Barber would say - We’re in it Together!
How the hell he got away with getting people to renew before they knew what they were purchasing I will never know.

To be fair to Barber its been like that since we started offering the ability to pay by direct debit. Whilst its great the club offers such a service they are right ********s along with it. Cancelling is a pain in the arse.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Amazing how sentiment changes. I`m generally committed supporter really pissed off if have to miss any home games. However after watching Bournemouth debacle couldn`t make Cardiff game. Wasn`t bothered in the least and seeing result glad I didn`t go.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I renewed just for the fact we would have more hope the next season. Hypia's reign wasn't great, I must admit.

I seem to recall at the end of the 14/15 season lots didn't renew having endured Hypia's reign, 2 mates of mine in The West Upper included, for example. Was it a couple of thousand? :shrug:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
On average there are c2k non renewals each year. This year i think its higher as friends who were 4kish on the list were told they stood a high chance of getting one this summer

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Think I read somewhere (can't find the source) that the club had a ST renewal uptake of 95-96% for next season. That was on the back of the Huddersfield and Palace wins and before the last few weeks' performances! Rather fortuitous financial planning by the club there!

Interestingly, if you pay upfront then you can only cancel your ST in exceptional circumstances (at the club's discretion).

2019/20 ST terms

4.3 We do not offer refunds on Season tickets unless under exceptional circumstances

However, if you are an existing STH and pay by renewable D/D you can opt out and pay a cancellation fee of £10 (until tomorrow) or £50 thereafter.

2019/20 D/D terms

7.2 Direct Debit Customers whose existing Season Tickets have automatically renewed may cancel their Season Ticket prior to 5pm on 1 August in the relevant year, without liability to make further monthly payments. The Direct Debit Customer must provide the Club with a written cancellation notice and pay the cancellation fee to cover the Club's reasonable administration costs, as follows:

(a)£10 cancellation fee where the cancellation notice is received by the Club between 5pm on 13 March and 19 April (inclusive) in the relevant year;
(b)£50 cancellation fee where the cancellation notice is received by the Club between 5pm 19 April and 5pm 1 August (inclusive) in the relevant year.

Payment of the cancellation fee is required in the first instance so that any amounts paid by Direct Debit towards the Season Ticket may be refunded.

It will be interesting to see if any existing STHs who are D/D payers have second thoughts about having renewed; if they do, it should improve the chances of those on the waiting list moving up the pecking order.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On average there are c2k non renewals each year. This year i think its higher as friends who were 4kish on the list were told they stood a high chance of getting one this summer

I was about 1,750 on the list in Feb 18, which went to 150 after last year’s new uptake, so a front of the list movement of 1,600 per season.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think I read somewhere (can't find the source) that the club had a ST renewal uptake of 95-96% for next season. That was on the back of the Huddersfield and Palace wins and before the last few weeks' performances! Rather fortuitous financial planning by the club there!

Interestingly, if you pay upfront then you can only cancel your ST in exceptional circumstances (at the club's discretion).

2019/20 ST terms

4.3 We do not offer refunds on Season tickets unless under exceptional circumstances

However, if you are an existing STH and pay by renewable D/D you can opt out and pay a cancellation fee of £10 (until tomorrow) or £50 thereafter.

2019/20 D/D terms

7.2 Direct Debit Customers whose existing Season Tickets have automatically renewed may cancel their Season Ticket prior to 5pm on 1 August in the relevant year, without liability to make further monthly payments. The Direct Debit Customer must provide the Club with a written cancellation notice and pay the cancellation fee to cover the Club's reasonable administration costs, as follows:

(a)£10 cancellation fee where the cancellation notice is received by the Club between 5pm on 13 March and 19 April (inclusive) in the relevant year;
(b)£50 cancellation fee where the cancellation notice is received by the Club between 5pm 19 April and 5pm 1 August (inclusive) in the relevant year.

Payment of the cancellation fee is required in the first instance so that any amounts paid by Direct Debit towards the Season Ticket may be refunded.

It will be interesting to see if any existing STHs who are D/D payers have second thoughts about having renewed; if they do, it should improve the chances of those on the waiting list moving up the pecking order.

Well there's a natural turnover of a certain % I guess (deaths, people moving away, financial reasons etc) but the broad ST base has been at the same number for a few years........not sure even the dross of the last season would cause many to stop, as the vast majority will have done several championship seasons anyway. Makes no difference to me, will go regardless

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If we don’t pull off a miracle Are we the first club to go down and pay more for the privilege ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here