Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Waiting List cut in half if we drop divisions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
F*** 95% of the ST Waiting List. These cocks could have bought a ST outright in the January of the season we got promoted. These people are not Albion fans, they just want to see the footballing gods of other clubs off the telly. Sooner they piss off back to Twickers the better :wave:

Same ones that jump up and shout ‘yesssssss’ watching the early game on the concourse TVs when Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool/Spurs score (delete as applicable)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
IF come Feb next year, it looks like there’ll be a second successive season of Championship football for 2020/21, I wonder if a much larger number of s/t holders don’t renew?

Recent fans seem to love the whole PL ‘product’, the hype, the media coverage, the buzz of a match day as Chelsea arrive, and the chance to see top 6 players in the flesh (i.e. not on Sky/BT).

Being a bad loser, for me that comes with a low probability of achieving a result, so it wouldn’t be the end of the world to taste Championship football again.

In all honesty I'd be thinking long and hard about our seasons tickets, for the first time since the AMEX opened.

As much as everybody else hates the reduced schedule of the Premier League, I prefer it.
I can't see me being able to commit to the Saturday/Tuesday fixture and after the first season it might turn out to be cheaper to pick and choose games as they'll be plenty of seats available.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Recent fans seem to love the whole PL ‘product’, the hype, the media coverage, the buzz of a match day as Chelsea arrive, and the chance to see top 6 players in the flesh (i.e. not on Sky/BT).

Think half of it is just being able to tell people they were ‘at the Man U game’ or whatever......hence the empty seats either side of half time and from 80-odd mins, and the number of selfies being taken

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So, how many people are on the season ticket waiting list (STWL) at this moment in time? I would be interested to see if the figures drastically change if we do drop to the second-tier in English football.

Will they drop our yearly payment if we go down? It has only been going up around my way, Lower West. UTA

:bhasign:

6,000 when I joined pre season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In all honesty I'd be thinking long and hard about our seasons tickets, for the first time since the AMEX opened.

As much as everybody else hates the reduced schedule of the Premier League, I prefer it.
I can't see me being able to commit to the Saturday/Tuesday fixture and after the first season it might turn out to be cheaper to pick and choose games as they'll be plenty of seats available.

I’ve often thought about that angle for me.

As an enthusiastic 12 year old in the Mullery/Ward era, I used to be gutted when the season ended.

But now it sometimes seems a slog. Obviously 4 more home Championship games to attend.

Luckily I live far closer to the stadium than you, but it’s still almost 4 hours all in with travel. Other than my Albion mad son, the rest of my family have no interest in the sport, so it’s a chunk out of family time ... sometimes leading to comment!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
6,000 when I joined pre season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By March this year, it was almost 8,000.

8475D64E-4666-496C-8336-9F1FB0156233.png

Requiring people to show their commitment by paying a £50 deposit, may have reduced it since then.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Same ones that jump up and shout ‘yesssssss’ watching the early game on the concourse TVs when Chelsea/Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool/Spurs score (delete as applicable)
True as there were 4 of them stood behind us in Dick's Bar the other week cheering on Arsenal.
I asked them and they said Brighton were their second team????????

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With a few more games, I won’t feel quite so compelled to arrange my whole life around getting to virtually every home game and many of the aways I guess........

If we don’t stay up there are at least a few cracking awaydays ahead next season. Give me Brentford over Stamford Bridge any day. Anyone wanting to be able to get tickets needs to keep their ST..............and it’ll only be a matter of time before we’re back in the PL anyway when availability will dwindle again. No-brainer to keep it for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
True as there were 4 of them stood behind us in Dick's Bar the other week cheering on Arsenal.

I’ve said it before, I know loads of Gooners who are Amex s/t holders or Bronze members, loads live round my way. All of them had zero interest in Arsenal until Graham then Wenger started winning trophies.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Happens every time one of the big 6 are on. We’ve got loads of ‘second teamers’ but I guess that’s a factor of becoming successful. As a JCL I was a Liverpool ‘follower’ without ever being a true ‘fan’......but having had STs for years now I’m fully cleansed and of course junior is Albion through and through

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
They're the lucky ones.

There's 23,000 or so of us committed to a season ticket next year, with no escape. Well, not one that doesn't involve litigation from the club anyway.

I did wonder what people who wanted to get out of their ST could do. Cancel the Direct Debit was the only thing which came to mind, but I never gave it much more thought as I'd be content enough watching us in the Championship if the worst happened.

Imagine 5,000 people all scrambling to bail out of their ST's and the club having a mass court battle.. Terrible PR, even if they're in the right.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did wonder what people who wanted to get out of their ST could do. Cancel the Direct Debit was the only thing which came to mind, but I never gave it much more thought as I'd be content enough watching us in the Championship if the worst happened.

Imagine 5,000 people all scrambling to bail out of their ST's and the club having a mass court battle.. Terrible PR, even if they're in the right.

They’d just slap you with a CCJ and ruin your credit rating.

Jan 30, 2008
Glad i ditched my season ticket years ago, not interested in any membership, turned up a few times and bought on the day , i like the flexibility of pub /radio to be fair , i really feel liberated from the Barber customer snare , good times imho
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Happens every time one of the big 6 are on. We’ve got loads of ‘second teamers’ but I guess that’s a factor of becoming successful. As a JCL I was a Liverpool ‘follower’ without ever being a true ‘fan’......but having had STs for years now I’m fully cleansed and of course junior is Albion through and through
where's this success you speak of ?
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here