Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Waiting List cut in half if we drop divisions.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We averaged 26-27k in the Championship for the 5 seasons after the Amex was completed to a 30K capacity. I’m sure we wouldn’t lose many STHs, and I doubt that we’ve got many Premier League only STHs as hardly any new seats were available to buy in 2017.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I had a season ticket for the last 10 years at the Goldstone.
Again at Gillingham (although hardly went)
Again at Withdean

Then things outside of The Albion changed and I couldn't go often enough to justify a season ticket. I go rarely now, but as often as I can.

The point is... I'd LOVE to have a season ticket, regardless of what Division we are in. Hopefully if / when we go down, we can have a ground FULL of genuine Albion fans.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I had a season ticket for the last 10 years at the Goldstone.
Again at Gillingham (although hardly went)
Again at Withdean

Then things outside of The Albion changed and I couldn't go often enough to justify a season ticket. I go rarely now, but as often as I can.

The point is... I'd LOVE to have a season ticket, regardless of what Division we are in. Hopefully if / when we go down, we can have a ground FULL of genuine Albion fans.

We do have a ground full of genuine Albion fans. Where I sit in WSL, I’m surrounded by the same people I was when I first bought my ST in August 2015 (on the back of a really shit season).

Jan 30, 2008
We do have a ground full of genuine Albion fans. Where I sit in WSL, I’m surrounded by the same people I was when I first bought my ST in August 2015 (on the back of a really shit season).
well i beg to differ, in fact i think you're in denial
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
3 of us offered tickets for next season but we have all declined and will not be renewing our bronze membership next season, not all on waiting list will take up offer even in the premiere:moo:

That's fine, if that is your decision, but if we do get to a semi final again, please don't bleat about being low down in the pecking order.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We averaged 26-27k in the Championship for the 5 seasons after the Amex was completed to a 30K capacity. I’m sure we wouldn’t lose many STHs, and I doubt that we’ve got many Premier League only STHs as hardly any new seats were available to buy in 2017.

2019 17 1 17 30,455
2018 15 1 15 30.403
2017 2 2 22 27.996
2016 3 2 23 25.583
2015 20 2 40 25.645
2014 6 2 26 27.283
2013 4 2 24 26.236
2012 10 2 30 20.028

Looks like a 2k~ variance between good seasons and bad in the Championship, and another 2k added on for top tier.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Falling into the Championship will mean the end of Saturday/Sunday football.
Home games will be Friday night as Sky always choose us.
And with Leeds back in the PL we will be picking up their load.
That should affect season ticket decisions this time next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I bloody LOVE a Friday night game. Atmosphere is always loads better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Norwich are up, and I reckon Villa will also go up.

Leaving multiple European Cup winners Massive on their own as THE elite club getting Friday evening TV games.

We’ll be an also ran with Saturday matches, which is fine by me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
well i beg to differ, in fact i think you're in denial
regards
DR

Yup. Where I sit in WSL there are some STHs, but also a whole ton of day trippers. Gazing at their print-at-home tickets failing to understand that 191 is likely to be next to 190, phones out, packed lunches, asking ‘who’s that player warming up, it is Lua Lua ?’ etc.......and then when the game starts spouting all manner of bollocky comments (mind you the STHs do that as well)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Me too. Friday game rules, especially when we win. Derby, Reading, Leeds , Wedesday a couple of years back... happy days

Kicks the weekend off perfectly. Enjoy a win on Friday night and the rest of the weekend is stress free too........

That Sheff Wednesday game is still probably my favourite at the Amex.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Me too. Friday game rules, especially when we win. Derby, Reading, Leeds , Wedesday a couple of years back... happy days

We have an outstanding record on a Friday. Only games I can remember us not winning in the last 3-4 years has been 1-1 against Spurs last season and the same score against Villa that night the trains went on strike. Im fairly sure all the other Friday night games have been wins, and some biggies to:

Forest 1-0
Brentford 3-0
Fulham 5-0
Forest 3-0
Leeds 2-0
Wednesday 2-1 (with 10 men)
Reading 3-0
Derby 3-0
West Ham 3-0
Man Utd 1-0
West Ham 1-0

Bring on the Friday night fixtures!

That's fine, if that is your decision, but if we do get to a semi final again, please don't bleat about being low down in the pecking order.
I never have moaned regarding this issue, I'm sure I can watch the earlier rounds which even the sth seem to blank in big numbers. Also I knew enough STH who were not taking semi or potentially final tickets so not a problem thanks.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just to update on the ST list I checked and I’m actually just under 7,000 having joined pre season so the figure of 8,000 banded around is probably accurate accounting for MyAlbion+ purchases for the cup and general demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have an outstanding record on a Friday. Only games I can remember us not winning in the last 3-4 years has been 1-1 against Spurs last season and the same score against Villa that night the trains went on strike. Im fairly sure all the other Friday night games have been wins, and some biggies to:

Forest 1-0
Brentford 3-0
Fulham 5-0
Forest 3-0
Leeds 2-0
Wednesday 2-1 (with 10 men)
Reading 3-0
Derby 3-0
West Ham 3-0
Man Utd 1-0
West Ham 1-0

Bring on the Friday night fixtures!

That’s amazing. Setting up many lovely long weekends.

And people say CH is a shit manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here