Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Hope Left?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spurs winning last night could be good for us, with out match falling between their two semis.
    Isn't the Spurs game next Tuesday? (Not sure if that is better or worse than between two CL semis?)

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Isn't the Spurs game next Tuesday? (Not sure if that is better or worse than between two CL semis?)
      Yes, you're right

0 Not allowed!
      2 points will probably do it. But with our form I can only see 1. It’s going to be a nerve wracking end.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not for me after the utter dross served up in the last 3 home games with the manager standing like a mannequin on the touchline seemingly accepting the inevitable relegation that now hangs over us. For gods sake what has he done to the team since Christmas they have been truly shocking
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

2 Not allowed!
      The problem is that recent performances haven't even offered a glimmer of hope. It's almost impossible to see us scoring and our defence is calamitous. I can even see the goal difference advantage being wiped out over the remaining fixtures.
      Rejected.
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Out of all of this Cardiff still have to win a game. Who knows they may not. We don't know although they seem to be fired up and playing well they may get the jitters. If they don't and they win one or two games......well good luck to them. We would have deserved what we got and so would Cardiff. It's going to be tight.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

2 Not allowed!
      I'm struggling to find a specific tangible thing to feel optimistic about, I remember thinking this before the Cardiff game. This is why I feel so desolate now.

In prior similar bleak situations, you might have something like;

"Knocky's in decent form at the moment, he'll find something out of nothing."
      "Duffy and Dunk are defending like kings, we could definitely get a clean sheet."
      "Murray will score. He does nothing for 80 mins but he'll still get one, he always does."

We have nothing like the above right now. Absolutely nothing. There is no logical, rational reason to believe we will suddenly start playing much, much better than the last few games. We might, I just don't see the reasoning behind believing it.

I think we'll need some ABSURD luck to go our way, like a freakish own goal or a very soft penalty to go our way. That's how it feels.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      I'm struggling to find a specific tangible thing to feel optimistic about, I remember thinking this before the Cardiff game. This is why I feel so desolate now.

In prior similar bleak situations, you might have something like;

"Knocky's in decent form at the moment, he'll find something out of nothing."
      "Duffy and Dunk are defending like kings, we could definitely get a clean sheet."
      "Murray will score. He does nothing for 80 mins but he'll still get one, he always does."

We have nothing like the above right now. Absolutely nothing. There is no logical, rational reason to believe we will suddenly start playing much, much better than the last few games. We might, I just don't see the reasoning behind believing it.

I think we'll need some ABSURD luck to go our way, like a freakish own goal or a very soft penalty to go our way. That's how it feels.
      We are Brighton, we probably won't score untill the City game then BIG JURGE will score a hatrick to prevent City winning the league. Cardiff will still win at United to relegate us though.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

0 Not allowed!
      I still think we'll be ok, despite our woeful form. We've got a 2 point lead, and - barring any freak results against the top 6 for both teams - it will be settled with these 4 games:

Us - Wolves (A), and Newcastle (H)
      Cardiff - Fulham (A) and Palace (H)

I don't think Cardiff have got it easy. Fulham just beat Everton, whilst Palace tend to be better away from home - although we can't rely on them of course.

We've got a fantastic record against Wolves (although it's a very different team these days). Newcastle don't score many away from home.

1 win from Cardiff, and 1 draw from us will see us safe, unless there is a freakish swing in goal difference, or a shock in the games against the top 6. I'd still rather be in our position than theirs.

And yes, it would be typical Albion if we went into the last game needing to beat Man City...and did it. The spirit of Stockport in '09...just with a few million quid added to the opposition team sheet, and minus one Russell Slade cap.

4 Not allowed!
      I think going to Wolves will actually suit us more. We will probably go with a more defensive mindset and try to shut up shop. We won’t be expected to create too many chances and a 0-0 will be a good result. Playing away from home I think will come as a welcome break to our players, not having to cope with the pressure and anxiety of our home crowd