Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What changes do we need to make?

graysgull

Aug 23, 2003
And I don't mean the Manager.... the players are as much, if not more to blame with slow play and crappy passing..

Personally, I would bring back Montoya, bench Propper & Stephens, bring Balogun in as DM with Kayal & Bissouma as AMs, and put Andone & Locadia up front as a strike pair. Wingers preferably March and Izquerdio, if fit enough otherwise AJ. AK has shot his bolt in this squad and Murray has a tendency to get caught offside with his lack of pace. That gives us a 4 1 4 1 formation which can't be worse than the dross we have been served recently.

One thing that should be pounded into all the players is that they are supposed to be a team working together. It doesn't matter who scores, as long as we do score. I have lost count of opportunities list due to players selfishly taking the shot when a TEAM member is a good position to receive a pass and score.

They must also remember that the direction of play must be forward if possible and to look for the opportunities mentioned above.

I am confident we will stay up but the attitude on the pitch needs to change.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
They also need to vary their set piece routines, move off the ball a lot more and close the gap between the front player/s and midfield. Jesus this coaching kark is so simple isn't it???

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"kark" should actually read "lark"!! Sorry, sausage fingers, small keyboard!

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A variation on lumping corners past the far post

Anything really, it's so bloody predictable, a kids team could be coached to outwit us in 1/2 hr

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One thing that should be pounded into all the players is that they are supposed to be a team working together. It doesn't matter who scores, as long as we do score. I have lost count of opportunities list due to players selfishly taking the shot when a TEAM member is a good position to receive a pass and score.

Personally I'd be absolutely THRILLED if more of our players selfishly took a shot. I've lost count of opportunities when they'd far rather pass (the buck) to a team member in a poor position.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The manager picks the team from the players available its those who cross the line onto the pitch that really count and our team spirite appears to have disintegrated they don't look like they have any fight left, with the exception of a few and that includes AK who maybe a bit of a prat at times but he is the beating heart of the team

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’d arrange a friendly against Ferring reserves so as to boost confidence by scoring a goal

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I'd recruit a sports psychologist as a matter of urgency (if we don't already have one). Players look completely devoid of confidence at the moment and it's feeding through into both poor decision making and our really dire performances. Tactics aren't working, but Chris is unlikely to change his approach - a shot of confidence might be our only hope at this stage.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They also need to vary their set piece routines, move off the ball a lot more and close the gap between the front player/s and midfield. Jesus this coaching kark is so simple isn't it???
One more corner to Duffy at the back post will make me self combust, as Upson said the other night it’s basically a shit tactic.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
One more corner to Duffy at the back post will make me self combust, as Upson said the other night it’s basically a shit tactic.

This. I just don’t get it, play it into the danger zone, let Shane attack it there, it’s ****ing nonsense this chipping it the back of the 6 yard box.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d arrange a friendly against Ferring reserves so as to boost confidence by scoring a goal
Didn't palace try that with Bromley and got beat.

I can definitely see that game doing more harm than good. :lol:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We desperately need wingers who can beat their fullback. The tactics we employ mean the ball has to go out wide when we go forward. But with March, AJ, Locadia we have wingers who can not take the ball around the fullback or even beat the first man when crossing, so the ball is forced to go back, and repeat until we lose it. Knockaert has been our best winger by far this season when he has been in form.

Without new wingers who can beat their man we need to change the system to play the ball down the middle.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This. I just don’t get it, play it into the danger zone, let Shane attack it there, it’s ****ing nonsense this chipping it the back of the 6 yard box.

It's a metaphor for the whole season.

When the team first did this not only did it work, it worked brilliantly.
They stuck with this tried and tested formula only for it's effectiveness to become less potent.
Eventually it became completely ineffective.
From then on the manager has attempted to force a positive outcome, without changing anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here