Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Specials at Brighton Dome

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Just back from seeing them tonight. What a superb concert, Terry Hall at his best, the whole sellout crowd was rocking and bopping from start to finish. If only all concerts were such great value!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Missed out and suspect I'm destined never to see the Specials. Good to hear they're on good form and not just going through the motions. Did you hear, at any stage, the dread words "here's a new one for you"?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Just back from seeing them tonight. What a superb concert, Terry Hall at his best, the whole sellout crowd was rocking and bopping from start to finish. If only all concerts were such great value!

They were bloody brilliant, I did not want it to end.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Missed out and suspect I'm destined never to see the Specials. Good to hear they're on good form and not just going through the motions. Did you hear, at any stage, the dread words "here's a new one for you"?

The new LP, Encore, is pretty good.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Saw them at Glastonbury few years back. I think ( drunken few missing days)

Good night last night but a little more lively in 79:moo:

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_232411_959.jpg
    IMG_20190417_232411_959.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 316

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
It was a fantastic gig, loving the new songs as well, the whole place was bouncing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Saw them at the BC 8 or so years ago, they were superb.

I like the new stuff as well, but find it a bit sad that 40 years on they're writing about the same issues as 40 years ago. Too many people haven't learned a thing and the establishment keeps taking the piss out of us.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It was a brilliant gig and a fantastic set. From message to You Rudy to Much too Young the place was absolutely jumping. Loved hearing the tracks of Encore as well (Saffiyah Khan and the Tuts were great as well) https://www.fredperry.com/subculture/playlist-profile-saffiyah-khan.

I didn't get a ticket originally as it sold out almost everywhere instantly and managed to finally get one on Monday on a resale site. I have one for the last night at the Forum Kentish Town and will try and get a resale one for Southend-on-Sea if I can. Recommend it if it comes anywhere near you.

Attachments

• The Specials Dome SET LIST.jpg
    The Specials Dome SET LIST.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 89

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Listening to the set again, Terry Hall added a verse into Nite Club. Something like Rees Moog, Farage on one side and Spurs Beating City and Barcelona beating the Scouser's on the other.

Did anyone remember it better than this.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
It was a brilliant gig and a fantastic set. From message to You Rudy to Much too Young the place was absolutely jumping. Loved hearing the tracks of Encore as well (Saffiyah Khan and the Tuts were great as well) https://www.fredperry.com/subculture/playlist-profile-saffiyah-khan.

I didn't get a ticket originally as it sold out almost everywhere instantly and managed to finally get one on Monday on a resale site. I have one for the last night at the Forum Kentish Town and will try and get a resale one for Southend-on-Sea if I can. Recommend it if it comes anywhere near you.

The ska track at the start of the encore wasn't Guns of Navarone...

Don't know what it was tho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here