Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

Lactose free diet has transformed my life

20 Not allowed!
    Prompted by the resurfaced haemorrhoid thread...

OK so I have been suffering for 25 years with a lively bottom.

In 2001, doubling up with stabbing pains to the left lower abdomen, I got a 'clinical diagnosis' of diverticulosis. This means pockets in the lower bowel, causing problems (sudden pain, sudden need to shit) especially in the morning.....

So I changed to a high fibre diet. Pain disappeared.....

But the frequency of morning shits slowly increased over the years. To the point where if the train to work had 'no working toilets' (a super special here on the north Kent railway to Hell) I had to go home instead of work.

Early this year, having reached a preposterous seven shits before ten in the morning, I went back to the doc. Cancer? A camera up the arse said 'no'. It also said my colon was as smooth as a baby's forehead. No diverticulosis. What the actual fark?

An old mate of mine told me 20 years ago that milk was for children. Adults metabolise lactose with bacteria that irritate the bowel. '**** off, you silly tart' I said.

In January I though what the ****. Let's try it. Lovely lactose free semi skimmed at Sainsbury. Jobbies a good un?

Within three days my bowel returned to a motion and productivity I had 40 years ago. I accidentally had a cafe au lait a couple of weeks ago and spent three days on the donought in granny's greenhouse, a situation that reverted after I gave my head (and attention to milk) a wobble.

Trust me, you over 35s. This is life changing. Milk is for children. I would be rude to not share this with you.

HWT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
    It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Very true, all of that advice. Similarly, huge numbers of people unknowingly suffer from the effects of IBS.

Although the issue I had was a tumour, I still have that horrible feeling of always needing a loo in sight. It stopped me going to Wembley.

As my ‘mechanics’ aren’t normalised yet, I might try that milk, just to see if it helps.

0 Not allowed!
      Soya Milk for me, but I do consume yoghurt and cheese.

Cow milk tastes like dung once you’ve stopped pouring it in your corn flakes.
      BN3 7DE

0 Not allowed!
      Have one close relative and one pal both of whom had significant tummy issues and were recommended to go lactose-free. Both instantly stopped having the problems they were suffering.........definitely worth trying.....
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      It seems countless people have dodgy bowels these days. It's quite noticeable at work. I've always put it down to poor modern diet, additives etc.

One colleague of mine can't eat white bread. For me, green salad gives me agonising stomach cramps, but yet I drink milk (often on its own) and have no issues.

1 Not allowed!
      It may have improved your shitting ability but it hasn't improved your musical taste has it!!
      برايتون حتى أموت
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Prompted by the resurfaced haemorrhoid thread...

OK so I have been suffering for 25 years with a lively bottom.

In 2001, doubling up with stabbing pains to the left lower abdomen, I got a 'clinical diagnosis' of diverticulosis. This means pockets in the lower bowel, causing problems (sudden pain, sudden need to shit) especially in the morning.....

So I changed to a high fibre diet. Pain disappeared.....

But the frequency of morning shits slowly increased over the years. To the point where if the train to work had 'no working toilets' (a super special here on the north Kent railway to Hell) I had to go home instead of work.

Early this year, having reached a preposterous seven shits before ten in the morning, I went back to the doc. Cancer? A camera up the arse said 'no'. It also said my colon was as smooth as a baby's forehead. No diverticulosis. What the actual fark?

An old mate of mine told me 20 years ago that milk was for children. Adults metabolise lactose with bacteria that irritate the bowel. '**** off, you silly tart' I said.

In January I though what the ****. Let's try it. Lovely lactose free semi skimmed at Sainsbury. Jobbies a good un?

Within three days my bowel returned to a motion and productivity I had 40 years ago. I accidentally had a cafe au lait a couple of weeks ago and spent three days on the donought in granny's greenhouse, a situation that reverted after I gave my head (and attention to milk) a wobble.

Trust me, you over 35s. This is life changing. Milk is for children. I would be rude to not share this with you.

HWT
      Harry ..whats taken you so long to type a very good post
      Last edited by LamieRobertson; 17-04-2019 at 23:22.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      It seems countless people have dodgy bowels these days. It's quite noticeable at work. I've always put it down to poor modern diet, additives etc.

One colleague of mine can't eat white bread. For me, green salad gives me agonising stomach cramps, but yet I drink milk (often on its own) and have no issues.
      I can't do wholemeal....gave in as week and paid for it

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      Harry ..whats then you so long to type a very good post
      And once again? This time in English?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf's Up View Post
      It may have improved your shitting ability but it hasn't improved your musical taste has it!!
      No. It was always mega pukkah.

This evening I have been listening to these absolute little French beauties: